Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: USB C to USB C charging cable
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> USB C to USB C charging cable

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/22 12:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

pianotuna wrote:

monkey44 wrote:

Thanks ... [emoticon]

I just buy at the Dollar Tree.

I used to do the same, but noticed that the cheap "Dollar Tree" cables stopped charging after a couple of years. When I started buying quality cables, that never happened again. Hence, my switch to Anker.
A dollar every couple of years is hardly a budget crusher for most people. And it seems to me that the standards change almost that fast. Now it’s USB-C for android a USB to lightning for Apple. I a few years who knows.

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/22 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought the Anker ... not so much 'budget crusher' concern, but quality of the product. Last thing anyone needs is a cable that fails when you're in the back-country or anywhere else enjoying yourself and you can't charge your Laptop, your phone your camera because a cheap cable fails. I get tired of buying things twice because the products are so cheaply made.

So many products claim quality when it is not once you buy it and use it. I agree, electronics change, but if my phone will only last three or four years, I'd like the cable to last that long too.

Guess I could buy five, keep them in the glove box, and toss one every year. Or toss them all into a landfill when a new version comes out. Seems the phones change the connections so we have to buy all new cables each time as well.

Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/22 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

In my experience none of the brands are better than another. The biggest failure is the usb outlet in the device.

I'm only just getting started in USB c but in other cables dollar store or "monster cable" both last about the same length of time.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

monkey44

Cape Cod, MA and Central Fla

View Profile

Posted: 01/16/22 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We only own a few devices, but at this point all but our Laptops connect with USB C, so it makes sense to get a couple good ones - one for each vehicle.

Like wapiticountry said, everything changes every few years now. By the time these wear out, we'll need some other connection type. Even now, it seems the newest thing is wireless charging. WIFI makes cables obsolete - even our home televisions are now wireless.

Next up, a armored E-suit we wear around the house to keep all the E-waves from affecting our bodies and brains. [emoticon]

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/16/22 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wa8yxm wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

In my experience none of the brands are better than another. The biggest failure is the usb outlet in the device.

I'm only just getting started in USB c but in other cables dollar store or "monster cable" both last about the same length of time.

So far my usb-c last longer but that's because the port in the device isn't as fragile.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

LittleBill

Scranton, PA USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/22 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I only use Anker Products

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> USB C to USB C charging cable
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.