Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Dish portable dish.
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dish portable dish.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/22 03:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If one buys a portable dish from Dish, do they set it up for you?
Already have a in motion on the MH roof (Winegard) cannot get it to work. Thinking on a new portable. Don't want to spend that kind of $$ and it not work for some reason.
Or, where/who could make the present one work? I have the Wally receiver.
The rooftop was previously Direct. I changed the dip switches to fit the DIsh requirements

Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/15/22 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Depending on the age and model of your in-motion dish, it may not work with the format changes Dish made several years ago. If you're considering buying one of the portable self-aiming "dome" dishes, the instructions that come with them are quite good at walking you through the initial setup. After that it's just a matter of placing the dish in a location with a clear view of the sky in the direction of the satellite arc(s) your dish supports. The Winegard Pathway X2 would be my first choice since it fully supports both satellite sets for maximum aiming opportunities.

* This post was edited 01/17/22 03:31pm by Dutch_12078 *

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

madjack60

littleton

View Profile

Posted: 01/15/22 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a dish playmaker from Amazon and a roof mount kit for right at $300+. Mounting is simple and it sets itself up. Just make the call to register it and you are on your way.

lryrob9301

Anywhere

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/17/22 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since you have a 2008 model coach the Winegard antenna is not set up to receive the latest DISH Network 8PSK transmission coding and cannot be updated. A new portable will work, I would recommend the Winegard Pathway X2. It is the only portable antenna that can receive both DISH Network western arc and eastern arc satellites.

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/18/22 11:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lryrob9301 wrote:

Since you have a 2008 model coach the Winegard antenna is not set up to receive the latest DISH Network 8PSK transmission coding and cannot be updated. A new portable will work, I would recommend the Winegard Pathway X2. It is the only portable antenna that can receive both DISH Network western arc and eastern arc satellites.

Actually the info on profile is wrong. The current coach is a Newmar gasser 2016 Handicap 3911
I don't know how to change the info

horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/18/22 11:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I purchased a Pathway X2 as my first Dish antenna.. It was NOT updated and I played heck getting it to work... It took several calls and several hours to their Dish For My RV department to get my issue resolved.

Once resolved, it works awesome ! I upgraded to the Dish Travl'er roof top2 years ago and gifted the Pathway X2 to my bro in law, he loves it!

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

lryrob9301

Anywhere

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/22 03:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you have a 2016 coach then the Winegard antenna should work with DISH Network.
What type of DISH receiver are you using? If it is a Wally has the firmware been updated to the latest version? When the receiver is hooked up to the antenna do you get anything on the TV screen?

penguin149

Bowling Green, KY USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/22 08:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Winegard TV Signal Finder app is very good to see if you have a clear view of the satellites. Takes a lot of the guess work out.

2014 Nissan Titan 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/22 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As far as the in motion goes, I found out after hours of diagnosing that you cannot run them through a splitter! I removed the splitter from mine and it works great.

As far as setting it up. Very easy, just purchase the automatic version and it will find the satellite on its own.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Horsedoc

Dixie --- N. Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/22 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lryrob9301 wrote:

If you have a 2016 coach then the Winegard antenna should work with DISH Network.
What type of DISH receiver are you using? If it is a Wally has the firmware been updated to the latest version? When the receiver is hooked up to the antenna do you get anything on the TV screen?

I just take the Wally receiver from the bedroom and put it in the MH. Guy from Dish said to do that if we were not fulltiming now.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dish portable dish.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.