cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yakima

rvshrinker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anyone done any camping near Yakima? I see these BLM campgrounds in the Yakima Rivr Canyon and wonder how they are. Memorial Day… could be warm.
6 REPLIES 6

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I feel the Yakima Canyon Road is a little easier on my rigs. Easier pulling then I-82 over the ridges. Nice slow 45 MPH road.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. I've lived in this part of the state for 45 years, and never driven the Canyon Road! Always seem to be in a hurry to go East-West.
Changed my mind for next time!

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
No, not a parking lot. There is a large parking boat removal area. The campsites are along narrow (12+) paved access road. All types of rigs and tents use Big Pine!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

rvshrinker
Explorer III
Explorer III
enblethen wrote:
Big Pine is the best. It has been upgraded a few years back. New interior roads and facilities. No hook ups! Gets very busy during summer.
thanks, seems like a glorified parking lot? will a tent camper be ok with us?

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
From the BLM website…”Currently, reservations are not necessary for camping, but that will change May 1. If you plan to camp between May 1 and Sept. 30, please visit www.recreation.gov and search for the recreation area you want.”

https://www.blm.gov/press-release/washington-big-pines-recreation-site-fully-open
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Big Pine is the best. It has been upgraded a few years back. New interior roads and facilities. No hook ups! Gets very busy during summer.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow