cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Level Mate Pro Questions

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I know from previous posts that there are some Level Mate Pro owners on this forum. In product reviews on other sites, the main criticism/problem encountered with this device seems to be communication between the device and the cellphone app. Metal trailers have been problematic along with the distance between the device and the cellphone. Not being able to get a signal from inside the tow vehicle has also been mentioned by some reviewers. We have a 34' trailer and a 23' long bed crew cab pickup with a fiberglass cap.

So, what has your experience been. How far is the Level Mate device from the front of the trailer and what does the signal pass through (interior walls, exterior wall, etc.)? Can you connect to the device from inside the tow vehicle? Any other issues with this system?

Thanks for any and all responses.
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler
6 REPLIES 6

Fordcamp
Explorer
Explorer
when the level pro+ is connected through the usb, does turning off the battery when in storage mean you have to turn the level mate pro+ off then on when the battery is turned on?

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking that connections issues are related to phone OS?

aftermath
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had mine for two seasons now and haven't had any trouble connecting or using it. Mine is in my Airstream, full aluminum trouble maker.

I have the battery version and I am very serious about turning it off after each use. We pull in to the campsite, I go in and turn on the LMP, park it and then as we set up, I turn it off. My battery easily lasts through the season. I am a strong believer of the KISS principle.
2017 Toyota Tundra, Double Cab, 5.7L V8
2006 Airstream 25 FB SE
Equalizer Hitch

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
mordecai81 wrote:
My first gen LMP sometimes has trouble pairing with my phone in a timely fashion even when only a few feet apart. I've got the LMP in the front pass through and when we get to a site if it doesn't pair up right away I leave my phone in the pass through while I get out the leveling blocks etc. and it's usually ready to go by then. It stays paired up well while I'm using it in the truck cab. Our ORV is the usual aluminum framed filon/fiberglass sided bumper pull style.

Thats exactly my procedure as well.

trailertraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the response! I am thinking of getting the model with USB power cable and mounting the device in the bedroom next to the USB outlet under the closet. The signal would have to pass through a couple of sheets of plywood and the fiberglass front cap. Not sure how long a cable I would need to get into the front storage space.

Thanks again for the reply!
Safe travels!
Trailertraveler

mordecai81
Explorer
Explorer
My first gen LMP sometimes has trouble pairing with my phone in a timely fashion even when only a few feet apart. I've got the LMP in the front pass through and when we get to a site if it doesn't pair up right away I leave my phone in the pass through while I get out the leveling blocks etc. and it's usually ready to go by then. It stays paired up well while I'm using it in the truck cab. Our ORV is the usual aluminum framed filon/fiberglass sided bumper pull style.