Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

winnebago electric rv concept

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

winnebago electric rv concept

https://www.motor1.com/news/561605/winnebago-electric-rv-concept-debuts/?utm_source=US%20Motor1%20In...
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
13 REPLIES 13

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Also - another possible drawback for those not constantly on the road: I'm under the impression that EVs need to be driven regularly. We looked into getting a small SUV/EV, but it was advised to not let it sit for a few months at a time, and we're Snowbirds. Our RV's sat for a month or more between trips - we camped when we could rustle up the free time to get away.

I don’t see why you would have to drive them regularly. We have been driving only EV cars for 7 years. Our leaf sat for 4 months 2 years in a row. No issues. Out tesla has sat for a few weeks. No issues. The only thing I can think of would be vampire drain from the processors. On the Leaf it was pretty low, on the tesla it’s higher. Maybe a couple percent per week. If I was gone for a few months I would probably just set the max charge to 70 percent or so and leave it plugged in.

We had our 12 volt battery on the leaf run down one winter to the point the car wouldn’t activate. I just used our little 12 volt power pack and jumped it. Worked.

Personally I wouldn’t worry about leaving it unattended for a winter. Just leave it plugged in.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Also - another possible drawback for those not constantly on the road: I'm under the impression that EVs need to be driven regularly. We looked into getting a small SUV/EV, but it was advised to not let it sit for a few months at a time, and we're Snowbirds. Our RV's sat for a month or more between trips - we camped when we could rustle up the free time to get away.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
At the Florida RV show:

https://youtu.be/gQQSBj1h7GY?t=113
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
afidel wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
“According to the company, that amount of range will accommodate 54 percent of new RV buyers who prefer to make trips under 200 miles.”

125 miles maximum…I prefer making short trips too but to really see this country that’s not workable mileage.

I think they are confusing
- 54% of trips are under 200 miles
versus
- 54% of campers never go more than 200miles.

I can certainly believe the first. Lots of people I know do weekend trips and a lot of those are under 200miles.

But most of those same people will take a trip or two per year that goes well beyond 200 miles.

Of course, it's the marketing department, so it may not be confusion so much as intentional misleading.

Nah, there are plenty of folks who buy an RV to go out 3-5 times a year to party near their house. I'm not sure how they justify the expense, but it's not my money. I've put just under 10k miles a year on my tow since I got my fist trailer, but I know that puts me in the top 1% of owners.

I don't know. I've done my share of tailgating and such. I know people who do nascar races... and I've not met anyone who doesn't have at least a trip or two per year in excess of 200miles.

The only ones I can think of who don't have seasonal sites and the RV never moves, so the propulsion fuel is irrelevant.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
“According to the company, that amount of range will accommodate 54 percent of new RV buyers who prefer to make trips under 200 miles.”

125 miles maximum…I prefer making short trips too but to really see this country that’s not workable mileage.

versus

I can certainly believe the first. Lots of people I know do weekend trips and a lot of those are under 200miles.

But most of those same people will take a trip or two per year that goes well beyond 200 miles.

Of course, it's the marketing department, so it may not be confusion so much as intentional misleading.

Nah, there are plenty of folks who buy an RV to go out 3-5 times a year to party near their house. I'm not sure how they justify the expense, but it's not my money. I've put just under 10k miles a year on my tow since I got my fist trailer, but I know that puts me in the top 1% of owners.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
pianotuna wrote:
freeradical,

Not really self propelled on the highway.

Scroll down to the van

https://youtu.be/2u26AezNMWI

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
valhalla360 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:

versus

My favorite Dilbert cartoon has Dilbert spending a week in the Marketing Department for orientation. On his first day, the marketing manager tells him "what you see here will look like outright criminal fraud, but it's not, it's just marketing." 😄
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Airstream has gotten into it too.
Airstream
Apparently this can help park itself, and help with towing on the highway.
So, by spending huge amounts of money, you can get back to what everyone used to do.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
freeradical,

Not really self propelled on the highway.
Regards, Don

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:

The first EVs were also limited to less than 100 miles. Now most go 230 to 400 miles.
Once they start building..... then the improvements start coming.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Lwiddis wrote:

versus

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad