cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

31ish foot Bunkhouse model advice

TFin04
Explorer
Explorer
Currently own a Cherokee 264DBH and are honestly very happy with it. We plan to do another full season in it and then consider slightly changing our layout to better serve our family. Here are the features I would like in the next one moving forward and I'm curious what makes/models you might suggest with these features, listed most important to least.

31-33' Bunkhouse w/ super slide
Under 7500lbs dry
Good access to layout with slide closed
Large fresh water capacity
Outside door access to bathroom
Basement pass through storage
(NO NEED for an outdoor kitchen)

Alpha Wolf 2DBH-L and Jayco 26BHB are two models I'm considering. I know other makers sell this layout or one very close to it. Who has the largest fresh water capacity? Our state campgrounds have no water and it would be nice to have more on hand.

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keystone Cougar 29BHS is 1 foot over but offers the outside bathroom access and has 60 gallons of fresh. Looks like you'd need a portable ladder to get to the top bunk in travel mode.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big fresh water, Grand design and Outdoors RV are the immediate two that spring to mind. The Timber Ridge 28BKS is right at the edge of your length and dry weight limits but just squeezes under 😃
Looks like everything should be accessible in travel mode, though you'll have to go outside to get from master to the rest of the rig.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

morphrider
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Grand Design 2800bh that has full access to everything with the slide in. Off your list, the only thing it doesn’t have is outside access to the bathroom.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHSWE

mosseater
Explorer
Explorer
We've had out Sunset Creek 298 BH for 13 years and it's been a very good trailer for us. Probably entry level but been very dependable and trouble free for the most part. They're owned by Winnie now so not sure if the floor plan is still in production or not. Does not have outside bath access but putting the slide out about a foot allows good access to the trailer for roadside comfort. We could have done worse. Dry weight is about 6700 lbs and has 10,000 GVWR. Aluminum frame and well insulated. Easily as good as most other junk on the market.
"It`s not important that you know all the answers, it`s only important to know where to get all the answers" Arone Kleamyck
"...An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col. Jeff Cooper
Sunset Creek 298 BH