cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rims for 350

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Have a 2017 Platinum 350 6.7 in black. Sold stock wheels and rims. Looking to buy toyo at3 and some black rims. Need the 3750 capacity for the toyhauler. What have you guys bought and are you happy with in? No lift, just stock everything.
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
I have Sailun on my toyhauler. I see some HD trucks with those tires. They seem to come in at a good price.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
walker111 wrote:
Have a 2017 Platinum 350 6.7 in black. Sold stock wheels and rims. Looking to buy toyo at3 and some black rims. Need the 3750 capacity for the toyhauler. What have you guys bought and are you happy with in? No lift, just stock everything.
Thanks

what size rims? I stayed with the factory wheels but, my 14 platinum has 20" rims and I went with the saliun terramax AT and they give me 3750lbs in the 18's they have a 3970lb raiting one one size. I had the BFG all terain TA ko2s before and now I swear by the sailun tires, on my second set, got 50000miles of life of the first set.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I found fuel assault with 3750 lb rating and 80 psi. I have a black platinum so it should look good with black on black with a bit of chrome on the spokes. Expensive!!!!!!!!!
No lift just tire and wheel upgrade. So tough finding rubber up here in Canada so I got on it early.

Slownsy
Explorer
Explorer
Method has several rated over 4000lb
Frank
2012 F250 XLT
4x4 Super Cab
8' Tray 6.2lt, 3.7 Diff.

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Yes the homework is big for me. I have my tires ordered and now have 6 weeks give or take to find my WHEELS!!!!
I inquired knowing I like the 3750 rating in my stock tires. That is taken care of with the toyp at3. Now I need the wheels to have 80 psi capacity.
Thanks for replies

mlh
Explorer
Explorer
Keep this in mind when ordering aftermarket rims. I ordered some rims for a dually that I owned recently. The rear rims were only rated for 60 psi and not 80 psi. The weight rating of the rims was high enough, but it changed the weight capacity of the tires when running 60 psi. I was still good for what I was towing, but if you are towing a great deal of weight, you need to do some homework.
2021 Ram 2500 Crew, 6.4, 4x4
2022 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 287BH
B and W patriot 18k slider.

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

2. I guess I'm the only guy in the world that finds black wheels, well, just ugly. What happened to the beautiful polished alloy wheels that look great on literally everything?

I honestly feel that a group of auto execs got together and said "hey guys, if we can equip vehicles with black wheels that we can produce waaaay cheaper than alloy wheels, and at the same time convince our buyers that they are really good looking, we can add to the bottom-line in a big way!"

I guess if it worked for Christian Louboutin painting the soles of women's shoes red, then charging over a grand a pair for them, why couldn't such a scheme work in the auto industry . . . and by golly, it has!

Tell me I'm not the only person alive that has an aversion to black wheels . . . or am I??

I'm with you

kenwautoone
Explorer
Explorer
Thermoguy, I'm with you...I rarely correct people speech ,but the rim thing really bugs me.Black wheels just look dirty all the time....think it must be an old guy thing!??

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Grit Dog for that.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
walker111 wrote:
Thanks

It is generally accepted and posted load ratings, most 8 lug aftermarket wheels have a 3500-3600lb rated capacity. (of course there are exceptions)

The common upgrade for load carrying is Method NV HD wheels. They have a 4500lb load rating.
There are a couple other more obscure or less popular brands, but Method NV HDs seem like the go to wheel for many who want a greater wheel rating.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
OK, two points I absolutely KNOW I'll get jumped on for, but here goes.

1. The truth is that "rims" are actually just one part of the wheel. It is the outer edge of the wheel which holds the tire. It is the outer circular design and surrounds the decorative area of the wheel's hub and spokes. The tire's edges actually lay against the rim, specifically the tire bead.

2. I guess I'm the only guy in the world that finds black wheels, well, just ugly. What happened to the beautiful polished alloy wheels that look great on literally everything?

I honestly feel that a group of auto execs got together and said "hey guys, if we can equip vehicles with black wheels that we can produce waaaay cheaper than alloy wheels, and at the same time convince our buyers that they are really good looking, we can add to the bottom-line in a big way!"

I guess if it worked for Christian Louboutin painting the soles of women's shoes red, then charging over a grand a pair for them, why couldn't such a scheme work in the auto industry . . . and by golly, it has!

Tell me I'm not the only person alive that has an aversion to black wheels . . . or am I??

Regarding Black Rims - I have a work vehicle, Ford Explorer - has factory chrome wheels but I have winter tires on black wheels, easier to swap and they are different size. Anyway, I love the look of the black wheels on the white explorer all winter, then I go back to the chrome wheels in the summer and it looks like every other white explorer... I'm good with black wheels - but it does depend on the vehicle. Don't knock it till you try it...

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
OK, two points I absolutely KNOW I'll get jumped on for, but here goes.

1. The truth is that "rims" are actually just one part of the wheel. It is the outer edge of the wheel which holds the tire. It is the outer circular design and surrounds the decorative area of the wheel's hub and spokes. The tire's edges actually lay against the rim, specifically the tire bead.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress