cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading 2007 Aspect 26A Rearview Camera system

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
I want to upgrade our 2007 Aspect 26A's review camera system because the current one is too dim and I would like color.

The problem is: I can't figure out how to remove the old monitor. Has anyone made this upgrade and have info on how to remove the old monitor?

Any help is much appreciated.
Rolin
5 REPLIES 5

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
Update on the Voyager camera / Monitor replacement on our 2007 Aspect 26A:

Camera is finally installed. The old monitor is color now that I have a color camera. It took some time to figure out the wiring. Used TadiBrothers camera. Their technical support is not much help...had to figure it out myself. There are 4 wires and a braided shield. Red/Black is power, clear and shield is video and I believe the white is audio. Took some time to re-engineer the mounting but it looks like the original camera installation. Next step is figuring out how to connect up the monitor.

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
Great idea of where to put the microphone. I attached mine to the visor and it keeps falling off.

Thanks for the help.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
It does sound very similar to mine. I took mine apart to run a wire for the Bluetooth microphone for the new radio/cell phone.
My monitor is still working, touch wood, but it is getting dimmer, now need the brightness turned up full. The camera appears ok. Can’t remember the make.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Beverley&KEn,
Thanks....I believe that we have the same set up. Ours is in a plastic housing mounted to the overhead. It is angled slightly to the drivers side and holds a voyager monitor. One of the photos in this ad shows the monitor enclosure.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2007-Winnebago-ASPECT-26A-5019428704

I will try to make a removal tool from a plastic putty knife and will experiment.

Thanks for reply. What monitor replacement did you use if I might ask?
Rolin

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
A picture would help, but if it is the same mounting as our 06 Winnebago Outlook. Mine is mounted in a plastic housing hanging down from the overhead above the windshield. There is a metal bracket screwed to the overhead (in our case the bottom of the bunk). The monitor is mounted in the plastic housing and the the housing and the housing just snaps onto the bracket. In my case, I used a thin plastic dash removal tool, with a bit of a hook on it. I worked it in between the ceiling and housing on the sides, hooking onto the side of housing and GENTLY pulling out while also pulling down.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.