cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator exhaust extension

Big_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, 2011 Tiffin Allegro - I would like to put an extension on my Onan 7000 generator Walker makes one 25 feet long; any information on this is appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
As others have indicated, in an RV, pushing the exhaust up is more "desired" than out. Out, often, pushes the deadly problem to others. Up let's it continue to rise and dissipate. If you do a search, you can find of how some made their own version of the Gen-Turi.

Big_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Great information, thank you all

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
jdkd123 wrote:
I use a Gen-Turi model (CAMCO brand) and it seems to work well...Carries the exhaust vertically and away from my slideout that sits next to my generator exhaust. Compact and easy to install and remove.

Same here.. It takes the gasses up above the roof and from there being hot they continue to rise. The large tube gets warm. but not hot (I can hold it comfortable after hours of operation) but don't touch the metal elbow.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
What are you trying to accomplish? There's a device called the "Gen-turi" that redirects the generator exhaust above the RV roof line without placing any significant back pressure on the exhaust. The Gen-turi only adds about a foot to the actual exhaust pipe. The rest is an oversize plastic pipe that draws fresh air in the bottom to carry the exhaust fumes out the top.

Camco Gen-Turi RV Generator Exhaust Venting System
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jdkd123
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Gen-Turi model (CAMCO brand) and it seems to work well...Carries the exhaust vertically and away from my slideout that sits next to my generator exhaust. Compact and easy to install and remove.

JDKD123

2005 Coachmen CONCORD

GO

SOX!