cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Insurance

tsjoshua
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Georgetown 377ts and am looking at insurance coverage options. For the past 13+ years I have used Allstate and only needed it for a couple of windshield replacements. Looking for suggestions on who would be best to go with. I just looked at Good Sam, but I don't know anyone who uses them. Any info is appreciated.
USN Retired - ETC(SS/SW) - AFT VARIETY

Currently working at Norfolk Naval Shipyard
2017 Georgetown 377, 37'
2003 Jeep Wrangler
9 REPLIES 9

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
National general for my last 4 RV's. Had a claim on my truck campers awning, it was fast, fair, and painless.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have Progressive for many years

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
Good sam is a Broker representing several insurance companies. There are many Brokers like GS. I have tried to avoid GS myself but probably not an issue. ( I know .. this is a GS-owned forum!) When we full timed and needed special Full-time liability since we had no sticks and bricks. I have Miller Ins based in Or(broker) and know others that have used Overland, based in AZ I believe. they are Knowledgeable on specific RV needs, like GS.
As a weekend warrior with a "home base" that covers your personal liabilities MH insurance is more or less an expensive auto policy. Normal insurance is already rated based on the limited use of the RV. Some in fact give a bigger discount if you will define that "lay up" period ... like November until April suspend its road coverage. During that time you won't Drive it. Also , I was once told it's wise to have auto and RV ins by the same carrier to avoid multiple deductibles and issues if the Towed and MH are damaged in an accident.
I've always used a broker and had good luck as it costs nothing most of the time and many times the rates they get are cheaper than me shopping directly. Good luck in your search.

Good point about the "lay up" period of inactivity. Allstate allows you to suspend your road insurance. This adds up to substantial savings especially if this is for a 7 month period. Also, having all your insurance with one carrier does save money.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good sam is a Broker representing several insurance companies. There are many Brokers like GS. I have tried to avoid GS myself but probably not an issue. ( I know .. this is a GS-owned forum!)
When we full timed and needed special Full-time liability since we had no sticks and bricks. I use Miller Ins based in Or(broker) and know others that have used Overland, based in AZ I believe. they are Knowledgeable on specific RV needs, like GS.
As a weekend warrior with a "home base" that covers your personal liabilities MH insurance is more or less an expensive auto policy. normal RV insurance is already rated based on the limited use of the RV. Some in fact give a bigger discount if you will define that "lay-up" period ... like November until April suspend its road coverage. During the time you won't drive it. Also, I was once told it's wise to have auto and RV ins by the same carrier to avoid multiple deductibles and issues if the Towed and MH are damaged in an accident. Not sure but it makes sense.
I've always used a broker and had good luck as it costs nothing most of the time and many times the rates they get are cheaper than me shopping directly. Many insurers are no longer covering MH's esp the 500,000 up ones. Good luck in your search.
Bill

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try Auto Owners Insurance. They had the best rates for RV's, and my other vehicles. Auto Owners Insurance

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
I have Good Sam. Had good settlement on my 2-year old RV that they decided to total and I got a new unit (out of Camping World).

Win-win, they need to record a sale and I wanted to upgrade with minimal out-of-pocket.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
If Allstate has been good to you, why change? We've had Allstate for years and have never had a problem with a claim, although we've only had to use it once, that was enough to know to stick with them. Top service and responsive.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have Good Sam. The insurance through them is National General. Have only used them for a windshield replacement and they were very attentive and thorough.
I also have the Good Sam road service. Have used them four different times and each time they were very good.
Good Sam does send out A LOT of advertising junk Mail. Just sayin.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use USAA for all our insurance needs including our TTS & 5ers, but when we called to have our class A covered they put us on hold and connected us to Progressive. Thus far they have been very responsive to our needs and service has been on par with USAA, my DW takes care of our insurance policies and I can't recall why USAA didn't cover our motorized RV when they had no issues with our towable RVs.

We had an issue where our auto park brake failed locking the driveshaft about 30 miles from home, we called Progressive and they did a great job finding a tow company to tow our 39'+ rig home where I could make the repairs, the entire time they kept in touch with calls and texts providing timely updates and to check progress of towing company service.