Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Lifespan of water pump
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lifespan of water pump

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
mellow

Salisbury, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/22 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mattyj wrote:

I suppose that’s a waste of time to reuse an 18-year-old pump but I go out on the beach and I don’t wanna be stuck without any water .

This is one of the reasons why I put a 35 gallon water tank on my roof, that and it comes in handy to wash the sand off everything.

2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

Lwiddis

Cambria, California area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/26/22 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An extra water pump is good insurance, and it will fit in the spare kitchen sink I carry at all times…just in case.

* This post was edited 01/26/22 02:19pm by Lwiddis *

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rlw999

Washington State

View Profile

Posted: 01/26/22 02:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mattyj wrote:

I suppose that’s a waste of time to reuse an 18-year-old pump but I go out on the beach and I don’t wanna be stuck without any water .

In that case, if you ever replace that 18 year old pump, I'd buy a new one to use as a spare since once that 18 year old pump dries out and rattles around the back of your RV for a year, there's no guarantee it's going to work when you need it.

* This post was edited 01/26/22 02:49pm by rlw999 *

covered wagon

USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/29/22 12:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A small side story about my brother regarding an RV water pump... He bought an older half way decent motor home but, the water pump was buried inside an island peninsula on the floor under the cabinet. It was so close to the outside wall even twiggy couldn't get to it. I cut an opening in the side of the motor home and placed a 20x 20 matching compartment frame and door in perfect location. He came home and saw that, could not believe it... the water pump was right there handing you a piece of cake when you opened it. LOL, he was very happy to finally change the bad pump for a new one.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Lifespan of water pump
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.