cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

onan fuel pump

mymirada
Explorer
Explorer
Onan generator fuel pump needed 149–2267 are there any less expensive options or a universal model ?
cheapest one I could find OEM is $125 where other models are only between $50 and $60 and I don't know the reason why
13 REPLIES 13

2manytoyz
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an Airtex E11015 pump for our Onan 5500W generator 4 years ago. No issues with it so far. Got it on Amazon for $34 at the time. It's currently unavailable, but you can search other sources for this part number. It is a direct OEM replacement. Link to original source: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076D5OI2/

For those unsure if this is a DIY type of job, I uploaded a video of this project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyHNPczC2YQ

Good luck.
Robert
Merritt Island, FL
2023 Thor Quantum KW29
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited TOAD
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon TOAD
Falcon 2 Towbar, Roadmaster 9400 Even Brake System
http://www.2manytoyz.com/

Rickyrocket
Explorer
Explorer
The same fuel pumps are used on riding lawnmowers,paid $20 for the exact same part w/o $300 ONAN box.

Stim
Explorer
Explorer
Discount Auto sells Mr Gasket brand in different PSI.
I needed a lift pump for my farm tractor and they also sell one for diesel fuel, about $60. last time I looked.

mymirada
Explorer
Explorer
I found a carter Universal fuel pump 4 PSI .....it says our original Onan pump PSI was six maximum so we're thinking this might work it's $57 from Summit racing I didn't order it yet but I'm thinking of it it doesn't work I guess I'll just resell it on eBay to somebody

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
They are all made in China. Just buy the cheapest one you can find. If the OEMs were made any better they wouldn't be failing at the rate that they do. I've never had to go back and replace a cheapie.
Cheap Fuel Pump Option

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my fuel pump with an aftermarket from Amazon in October. The housing leaked fuel as soon as it started pumping. I was stranded since it was hot and we travel with dogs so I ordered an OEM from Onan overnight. Noticeably heavier and more expensive but it worked.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Got my aftermarket from Amazon. It’s a low pressure pulse style pump. As long as it doesn’t exceed 7 psi then it will work! It’s been almost 2 years and no issues.

Camco Onan fuel pump
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Find out how many psi it is, then buy an aftermarket on Amazon. I did that with mine about 15 years ago. Worked just fine.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
FloridaRosebud wrote:

Just a thought - maybe I should hook up each one and see which one shoots out gas the farthest?? Thoughts anyone???

I think it's a good idea. Try it and let us know if there is a difference.
You'll be replacing the pump anyway so it shouldn't take long to do the test.

On Our pump it is low pressure, so that test might not be a good test.

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
…Tried Amazon?

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
FloridaRosebud wrote:

Just a thought - maybe I should hook up each one and see which one shoots out gas the farthest?? Thoughts anyone???

I think it's a good idea. Try it and let us know if there is a difference.
You'll be replacing the pump anyway so it shouldn't take long to do the test.

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new stock fuel pump from Onan and one of the aftermarket ones. I can say the Onan pump, for it's size, is noticeably heavier than the aftermarket ones. I find that interesting and noteworthy. I don't know what that truly means, but my guess is better materials in the Onan one. BTW - it took 4 months to get the Onan one, as EVERYONE was out of stock. PPL, RV warehouse, and so on. I'll be changing mine out with the new Onan one next weekend.

Al

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Gravity-fed makes it expensive. I found some on ebay, they were also $125.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO