cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colter Bay generator use

rmnpcolorado
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve been looking on the NPS’s website but am not finding it - does anyone have a list of the loops in Colter Bay campground (not RV park) in Grand Teton NP that are generator friendly? I was perusing recreation.gov looking at campsites and noticed WAY at the bottom of the particular site I was looking at that it was in a non-generator loop. Well, there’s lots of loops. I could look individually but… I’d hate to reserve a site only to find out when we get there that we couldn’t use our generator.
2020 Ford F-150 3.5L w/Max Tow
2023 Riverside RV Intrepid 240BHi
2 REPLIES 2

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
H,J,K,M,O are generator loops.

Policies

All nights are paid in full at the time of check-in. Early departures are non-refundable.
The maximum stay permitted at Colter Bay Campground is 14 nights, and the maximum cumulative stay between all park campgrounds is 30 nights.
Guests may check-in at 12 PM. Check-out is 11 AM.
Maximum guests allowed per site (not including group sites) is six.
Tent sites allow for up to one tents and two vehicles. Multiple or over-sized tents are only permitted in sites designated for multiple tents.
RV sites allow for one RV (tow included) only. (For reference, 2 motorcycles = 1 vehicle)
Quiet hours are 10pm - 7am. Generators are only permitted in loops H, J, K, M, and O between the hours of 8am and 10pm.
Camping accommodations are pet-friendly. Please review Campground & National Park Pet Regulations.
Wildlife activity is prevalent in the park. Please be familiar with food storage and wildlife safety guidelines.
U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities can apply for an Access Pass / Senior Pass through the National Park Service

Yep, we stayed in one of the generator loops. If i remember right, the generator loops are past the non-generator loops.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
H,J,K,M,O are generator loops.

Policies

All nights are paid in full at the time of check-in. Early departures are non-refundable.
The maximum stay permitted at Colter Bay Campground is 14 nights, and the maximum cumulative stay between all park campgrounds is 30 nights.
Guests may check-in at 12 PM. Check-out is 11 AM.
Maximum guests allowed per site (not including group sites) is six.
Tent sites allow for up to one tents and two vehicles. Multiple or over-sized tents are only permitted in sites designated for multiple tents.
RV sites allow for one RV (tow included) only. (For reference, 2 motorcycles = 1 vehicle)
Quiet hours are 10pm - 7am. Generators are only permitted in loops H, J, K, M, and O between the hours of 8am and 10pm.
Camping accommodations are pet-friendly. Please review Campground & National Park Pet Regulations.
Wildlife activity is prevalent in the park. Please be familiar with food storage and wildlife safety guidelines.
U.S. citizens or permanent residents with permanent disabilities can apply for an Access Pass / Senior Pass through the National Park Service