Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Looks like we got ourselves a Convoy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like we got ourselves a Convoy

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
PA12DRVR

Back in God's Country

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 12:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leaving out the suitability or not of mask and vaccine mandates on truckers, those requirements (not at all by themselves but combined with other issues) have put a kink in the supply chain for goods coming to Alaska. It's more (from my perspective) of a PITA-level problem than a catastrophic issue, but nevertheless noticeable.

CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 12:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

frankwp wrote:

It's scary how many stupid people have been brought together & allowed to play with big machinery. What if critical mass is achieved [emoticon]

Jokes aside, there's no point in trying to convince those who won't listen to science, fact and logic.

Exactly. Remember you can’t reason with unreasonable people.

rdhetrick

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/27/22 01:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So how many of you have advanced degrees in virology, immunology, biology, or some other pertinent field to actually understand the science?

Or are you just listening to whomever you think has the correct version of "science?"

Bottom line, these protests aren't about the virus or science, they're about government control and being able to force something upon the population.

If they really wanted to protect the population, they would ban alcohol. But we all know it's not really about protecting people.

Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 02:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rdhetrick wrote:

So how many of you have advanced degrees in virology, immunology, biology, or some other pertinent field to actually understand the science?

Or are you just listening to whomever you think has the correct version of "science?"

Bottom line, these protests aren't about the virus or science, they're about government control and being able to force something upon the population.

If they really wanted to protect the population, they would ban alcohol. But we all know it's not really about protecting people.

EXACTLY right!

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

RoyJ

Vancouver, BC

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 02:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a double vaxxed Canadian, I'm not against vaccination. But...

Trucking is one of THE most socially distant and isolated jobs, and at the moment, plays a huge role in a fragile supply chain. It's the wrong time to enforce.

The chances of a viral spread during grocery shopping is much higher than sitting weeks on end in a sleeper, talking to maybe a few shippers and forklift drivers in an entire month.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 03:21pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Delta& Omicron formed in an infected person, one who was most likely not vaccinated. That person’s right to not be vaccinated impacted more than just themselves.

Quote:

I do and I work for a company that is supplying antibody tests for vaccine trials and research on the disease.

* This post was edited 01/27/22 04:15pm by BCSnob *

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What will be everyone’s increase in health costs (insurance & taxes) because of the excess hospitalization of those exercising their right to not be vaccinated?

What will be the increased deaths (postponed procedures and no beds in an emergency) due to full hospitals from the excess hospitalization s by those exercising their right not to be vaccinated?

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 04:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And every trucker in that convoy is vaxed. Go figure.[emoticon]

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

wa8yxm

Davison Michigan (East of Flint)

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 05:03pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

KD4UPL wrote:

Well that's good news. I'm glad people are willing to stand up to the over reach of government.

One of my radio correspondents has been talking about this.
I told him today there are two ways it can go down. Good and Bad.
I do not wish to speculate on the bad.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 05:48pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Newsweek wrote:

Hundreds of Canadian truckers plan to descend on the nation's capital of Ottawa on Friday in an attempt to shut down the city in protest of a COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

The mandate, initially enacted by the Canadian federal government and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, went into effect on January 15. The mandate requires any truck driver crossing into Canada from the United States to provide proof of vaccination.

A similar mandate, which went into effect on January 22, requires the same proof of vaccination for truckers driving from Canada into the United States.

The 'issue' is a 'mandate' that has been issued by both the US and Canadian governments. It is NOT an issue of the effectiveness of vaccinations as that has been proven many times over in the past months/years. So, keep to the topic please or we will just shut this one down. Posts not related to the issue have been excised. Thank you.

* This post was edited 01/27/22 06:11pm by Moderator *

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like we got ourselves a Convoy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.