Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Looks like we got ourselves a Convoy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like we got ourselves a Convoy

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 06:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad they are making their voice heard. I hope it makes a difference. I doubt it will.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Fizz

Ottawa, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 07:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The real worry here is all the 'tag along' extremists coming to town just to party and cause mayhem. The merchants here are wondering if they should shut down and board up the windows.
If a true riot breaks out you know the truckers will plead innocence.
We are a medium size city with a small town feel to it, we don't deserve this.

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 08:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^*Justine doesn’t seem overly concerned …. He’s at home self isolating until Tuesday …. Maybe he thinks everyone will just turn around and go home?

2022 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 08:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

What will be everyone’s increase in health costs (insurance & taxes) because of the excess hospitalization of those exercising their right to not be vaccinated?

What will be the increased deaths (postponed procedures and no beds in an emergency) due to full hospitals from the excess hospitalization s by those exercising their right not to be vaccinated?

Exactly.

pianotuna

Regina, SK, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/27/22 10:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

85% of hospital beds in Saskatchewan are occupied. Mostly from folks who are not vaccinated. Do these folks believe their "rights" are more important than those who have done the responsible thing and gotten vaccinated?

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 12:36am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^According to Saskatchewan Government data there is 328 people (120 on account of Covid related issues and 140 of which are incidental) with Covid in Saskatchewan hospitals and 33% of those are not fully vaccinated.

click

* This post was edited 01/28/22 12:59am by 4x4ord *

rdhetrick

Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/28/22 03:50am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

^^^According to Saskatchewan Government data there is 328 people (120 on account of Covid related issues and 140 of which are incidental) with Covid in Saskatchewan hospitals and 33% of those are not fully vaccinated.

click

Yes, it's very difficult for many people to accept that all the propaganda they've absorbed doesn't align with the actual facts. It doesn't fit with their "feelings."

* This post was edited 01/28/22 03:57am by rdhetrick *

Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 04:34am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

4x4ord wrote:

click

Asymptotic cases of Covid are viral infections and have been proven to cause inflammation in the lungs (based upon ct scans). Would those going into the hospital for other “incidental” reasons needed hospitalization if their body’s were not additionally weakened by a viral infection?

They went to the hospital for an incidental reason, were they kept in the hospital for the incidental reason or to be monitored for possible progression of Covid?

Based upon the trends in the link from Saskatchewan, that region is still in the growth phase of the Omicron wave. One’s perception of the severity of this wave may change as the wave progresses in your region. We appear to be at or just past the peak in hospitalizations and many of our hospitals (DC metro region) were full because of Covid cases with unvaccinated being a greater percentage than vaccinated.

* This post was last edited 01/28/22 06:03am by BCSnob *   View edit history

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 06:07am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RoyJ wrote:

As a double vaxxed Canadian, I'm not against vaccination. But...

Trucking is one of THE most socially distant and isolated jobs, and at the moment, plays a huge role in a fragile supply chain. It's the wrong time to enforce.

The chances of a viral spread during grocery shopping is much higher than sitting weeks on end in a sleeper, talking to maybe a few shippers and forklift drivers in an entire month.

One of the main reasons I returned to trucking, instead of using the trade I paid to learn before I was drafted was the social isolation. But that does not mean I could not be a vector. Shopping at the store, you might be in the same building with what, 50 people? And you do that 5-6 times a month? And likely most of them are from same area. OTOH, the average driver, 2-4 times a day go into a building shared by many others, (Many truckstops have more people than a grocery store), and most of them where in buildings scattered over 1000s of miles in the last few days.
All my life drivers have had to deal with many regulations, some that change at state lines, some even within the state. I can see where many of them could be reason to protest.
I can't say I like mandates for vaccines, or even masks. But what I like even less is the fact that 1 man decided that unlike every other disease in history we would not fight against Covid19, but would fight over. If we had united against it like we have most enemies 2 years ago it would likely be pretty much behind us.

jetboater454 wrote:

And every trucker in that convoy is vaxed. Go figure.[emoticon]

What's more, everybody on the barking canine telling you how bad the shots are has had theirs.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 01/28/22 06:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it is governmental overreach to mandate Covid vaccination is it also overreach for the mandated vaccinations listed here? Or is it vaccination against just Covid that is governmental overreach?

State Laws and Mandates by Vaccine

What about mandatory vaccination against rabies for dogs, is that also governmental overreach?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire

> Looks like we got ourselves a Convoy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.