cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor outlaw 29j

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
Anyone have experience with these? Had a funmover 39c back on the day. Currently a thor chateau 2017. The outlaw seems much better made; did thor make major quality improvements in past few years?

Anything to pay attention to in this model? I understand payload only about 1600 lbs.

Thanks

Chuck
2 REPLIES 2

cbigham
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the tip. Quality of what I saw was definitely better than what I have, and had. I understand the medium duty truck argument, had a 39c funmover, large f750 diesel. In the era we baought that the medium duty truck haulers used duramax engines and had capacity similar to this. Pack of gum and a bike. I would probbably take 1 500 lbs adv bile an maybe a 250 lbs dirt bike or just the adv.I spec'd it by weight, it is close.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can't see quality being any better . I think Covid has taken a toll on most everything in production these days, plus 2 years.

29J,
I can only comment from what I heard a few owners say in general regarding that size hauler. The advice given to me was....
'I would opt for am medium duty rig if I planned on hauling anything of weight in the garage'.

'I would not want to drive a 450 with maxed-out payload and weight behind the rear axle'.