Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Multiple Buyers. Who gets the RV?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Multiple Buyers. Who gets the RV?

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/22 08:21am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cash talks, tire kickers walk. Simple

Mike134

Elgin, IL

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/22 08:31am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Be honest.

First one to show up with green money gets the title.

X 10!! Like my old hunting buddy said about feeding the family
"Bird in your hand is worth twice as much as 2 still out in the field"

2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

Walaby

Georgia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/22 08:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar situation, although not an RV, just a $100 tractor implement.

Called the guy - he said it was still available. He said he was out of town, but would be back on a certain day, and I could come see it then. I left my name and number. He said he would call me when he got back, or if he got back early. Called him that morning he was due in and he said it was sold.

To me, that's just inherently wrong. Man either lied that he was out of town, or lied to me about calling me early. Or just flat lied period.

I didn't get upset about $100 tractor implement but it just proved to me once again that a mans word doesn't mean much to alot of people. Which is a shame.

Mike

Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Ivylog

Blairsville, GA and WPB, FL.

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/22 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy currently driving the 4 hours has first chance at your full price. Even if the local guy calls, willing to pay more, he is in 2nd place…should have called before the 4 hr guy got on the road.

This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

Thermoguy

Graham, WA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/22 10:14am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

patbrown24 wrote:

We had a potential buyer of our RV call yesterday and then look at/drive the rig today. He indicated he was interested but had to discuss with wife. They live less than an hour away.

We have another buyer who contacted us over a week ago when we were out of town. We told him when we get back we'll contact him and he plans on coming tomorrow. He lives about 4 hours away.

Both individuals know we have someone else interested.

If the local buyer should call and make an offer after the buyer who is 4 hours away has left to come to us, how should we handle the situation? First one to make an offer? First one where we have deposit in hand? Should we have a bidding war?

So, both buyers have looked at it - did anyone make you an offer?

patbrown24

Gainesville GA

View Profile

Posted: 01/30/22 01:34pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone for all the advice. It was very helpful.

So the RV is not sold at this point. The buyer from an hour away came to see it and drove it Friday evening. Indicated he had to get with his wife. We've never heard back from him.

The potential buyer from 4 hrs away showed with his wife Saturday afternoon. The wife wanted one with a door in the middle. They currently have a 5th wheel. Our rig is an Allegro Bus diesel pusher. Don't recall ever seeing a DP with a door in the middle. Maybe they need to look at a gas powered rig .........Anyway, they decided not to purchase.

wapiticountry

Mountain West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/22 05:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

patbrown24 wrote:

Thanks everyone for all the advice. It was very helpful.

So the RV is not sold at this point. The buyer from an hour away came to see it and drove it Friday evening. Indicated he had to get with his wife. We've never heard back from him.

The potential buyer from 4 hrs away showed with his wife Saturday afternoon. The wife wanted one with a door in the middle. They currently have a 5th wheel. Our rig is an Allegro Bus diesel pusher. Don't recall ever seeing a DP with a door in the middle. Maybe they need to look at a gas powered rig .........Anyway, they decided not to purchase.
Welcome to the real world experiences involved in selling a RV to the public.

hornet28

Muskegon Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/22 05:40pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^^^Not just in the RV world it's everywhere.^^^ One thing I do is dismiss what I call "Bebacks" they are seldom back. One story I'm fond of telling potential buyers is about a Corvette I had for sale in 92. A fellow came and wanted to buy it. He left saying he was going to his bank to get the cash, I only accept cash, so here it is almost 30 years later and apparently his bank is a long ways away as he still isn't back

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/22 06:07pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

patbrown24 wrote:

Perfect examples of why you never turn down someone with cash in hand. Turn down the cash in hand and you MAY lose all the buyers.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/30/22 09:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

patbrown24 wrote:

Perfect examples of why you never turn down someone with cash in hand. Turn down the cash in hand and you MAY lose all the buyers.

Yep, unless you specifically told the caller you would hold it for them, take the first money to show up...then give a call back so they don't waste time.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Multiple Buyers. Who gets the RV?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.