cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cold weather woo's

hitchikerman
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I'm a little worried about the weather tonight and it's getting down to 24 degree's so my question is should I bring inside my trailer the RV water softner and my water filter cartridge
8 REPLIES 8

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Brother camped last weekend and there was a freeze warning sign at the entrance. Said all hoses must be disconnected and the faucet turned off, even though the spigots are all below ground in a box. They just filled up the tank and had no issues. When they checked out, they had no issues with frozen lines to flush the tank.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
We full time park host and currently donโ€™t run a filter we trust the park water as needs to be tested on a regular basis. That said installing a filter is something I have considered in the past, but this has me thinking. We now have space behind our electric fireplace where our water inlet and pump are located. I might reconsider that or in our basement as even in cold temperatures it doesnโ€™t get below about 45 degrees.
I will say we use standard water hose with foam pipe insulation and heat tape. The heat tape is about 18โ€ longer than the hose, a couple inches for the water inlet elbow, and about 12โ€ to wrap the Y connector at the spigot.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
When we are going to be below freezing for multiple nights, I drain the waste tanks, clear the sewer hose, fill the freshwater tank, drain the filters, and water softener, water hose and store these in the basement. I never depend on a heated hose as the water faucet is not heated.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
My water line hooked to the post is drained. Also drained filter asy and replaced filter. It was looking pretty ugly. Running off the limited amount of water in the onboard tank

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Yes

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, assuming the RV is heated.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I would do so. Better safe than sorry.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Have you drained the system of water and/or winterized it? If these are additional in-line systems that are easy to remove, I would probably remove them. Better safe than sorry if it's easy enough to do.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS