cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Covid tests needed when returning to the US?

jornvango
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is a (negative) Covid test needed to cross back into the US (with our car and RV) at Nogales?

If yes, what is a good place to do the test?

Thanks, Jorn
5 REPLIES 5

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
"Sounds terribly efficient." Does'n't it though? LOL!

Talleyho69
I'm sure you are correct, but supposedly the rules change January 22.

I have visions of the border agents using a hand held skin reading thermometer on the forehead of everyone in every vehicle that enters the US, then if the numbers aren't perfect, sending them to the CDC tent where they are given a handout suggesting they self isolate at home and how to do it.

Sounds terribly efficient.

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
Charleston, I am a US citizen. I have crossed the border dozens of times since covid began. CBP isn't looking for any covid symptoms.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69, looks like you read the same thing I read on Dept. of Homeland Security guidelines. But there was some additional info regarding US citizens and permanent US residents; if you exhibit Covid symptoms at the border, as per CDC guidelines, you are sent to a medical check station for verification and asked to isolate on the US side if you test positive. Homeland Security cross references this additional info over to CDC guidelines.

Talleyho69
US Citizens do not have to do anything to return to the US.

Non US Citizens have to provide proof of Covid vaccination, but not a booster to enter. This is as of January 22, 2022

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/10/29/frequently-asked-questions-guidance-travelers-enter-us