cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On the road, and needs help.

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
A friend just pulled his Jayco 5’ver 1,600 miles south only to find out his sidewall/floor is pulling away from the back wall. Right now it’s almost a 1/2 inch gap at the base. Gap runs up about two feet.

To me it looks like a floor joist that might be on top of the frame is shifting to the right. It’s pushing out the right side wall while sucking in the left. Anybody have any pictures of how that floor to frame is constructed, and even the floor itself.

We’ll drop the underbelly, but sure would be nice to get a picture in my head of what we’ll be up against.

Also is this any sort of a known problem?
There’s no fool, like an old fool.
6 REPLIES 6

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies.
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Prepare your friend for a possible total loss. Opening up the belly should tell the tale. Wear eye protection. If you see mold consider lung protection too. Can’t believe this isn’t water related.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most TTs and 5ers are built like slab homes are. A box set down on a frame. There are probably not any joists like a house has.
I disassembled an older Jayco after a tornado played with it and discovered that build type. That is what makes rotten floors so hard to correct properly.
Puma 30RKSS

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
What age is the Jayco?

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has he called the Jayco factory? Or if you are GS members they claim to have an RV tech you can talk to on the phone.

Or if he pulls that end of the belly cover of then he will see how it is all connected, or supposed to be connected anyway.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper