Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Pet Stop: New study on Neutering/Spaying
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

 > New study on Neutering/Spaying

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
dturm

Lake County, IN

Moderator

Joined: 01/29/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/31/22 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Larry - You are not looking. This is an almost universal policy where pet licensing is done.

St. John, IN Treasurer/clerk wrote:

2022 Pet Tags are due by March 31, 2022. If your pet is unregistered or new to your family, you must visit us at the Clerk-Treasurer's Office to register for the first year. You can renew your pet tags online. Go to stjohnin.com and click the "Pay Online" tab. The cost is $8.00 if your pet is spayed or neutered and $20.00 if unaltered. Proof of current vaccination record is required.



Doug & Sandy
Kaylee (16-year-old Terrier of some sort)
Winnie 4 1/2 year old golden
Sasha and many others at the Rainbow Bridge
2008 Southwind
2009 Honda CRV


Check out blog.rv.net


larry cad

ohio

Senior Member

Joined: 05/23/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 01/31/22 05:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dturm wrote:

Larry - You are not looking. This is an almost universal policy where pet licensing is done.

St. John, IN Treasurer/clerk wrote:

2022 Pet Tags are due by March 31, 2022. If your pet is unregistered or new to your family, you must visit us at the Clerk-Treasurer's Office to register for the first year. You can renew your pet tags online. Go to stjohnin.com and click the "Pay Online" tab. The cost is $8.00 if your pet is spayed or neutered and $20.00 if unaltered. Proof of current vaccination record is required.


Have had pups all my life, including 2 Westies currently but never have I heard of that. And also, my pups have never added to the puppy population.

I understand the reasoning, just never knew it existed.

[emoticon]


Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Walaby

Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 11/10/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/31/22 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't have licensing in Georgia.

Don't recall it in Washington state when I was there, but that was like 40+ years ago.

On the age for spay/neutering, my vet told me today that my Chocolate Lab pup can be spayed at 8 months. We will follow vets advice unless Dturm has a different recommendation.

Mike


Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS


toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/31/22 06:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

dturm wrote:

Larry - You are not looking. This is an almost universal policy where pet licensing is done.

St. John, IN Treasurer/clerk wrote:

2022 Pet Tags are due by March 31, 2022. If your pet is unregistered or new to your family, you must visit us at the Clerk-Treasurer's Office to register for the first year. You can renew your pet tags online. Go to stjohnin.com and click the "Pay Online" tab. The cost is $8.00 if your pet is spayed or neutered and $20.00 if unaltered. Proof of current vaccination record is required.


Have had pups all my life, including 2 Westies currently but never have I heard of that. And also, my pups have never added to the puppy population.

I understand the reasoning, just never knew it existed.

[emoticon]


From the website I linked, it looks like the entire state of Ohio does not have different fees for intact versus fixed dogs.


1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

toedtoes

California

Senior Member

Joined: 05/17/2014

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 01/31/22 06:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Walaby wrote:

Don't have licensing in Georgia.

Don't recall it in Washington state when I was there, but that was like 40+ years ago.

On the age for spay/neutering, my vet told me today that my Chocolate Lab pup can be spayed at 8 months. We will follow vets advice unless Dturm has a different recommendation.

Mike


The study states for female labs:

In females spayed at <6 mo. and 6–11 mo., the risk of a joint disorder was 11–12 percent for each period (p <0.01, spay periods combined).

It's 6 percent for intact females, so they recommend waiting til after 11 months.

Might be worth asking your vet about that specific risk versus benefits - not saying to with the study's recommendation, just to rule it out.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Pet Stop  >  Dogs

 > New study on Neutering/Spaying
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Pet Stop


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.