cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jeep GC diagnostic plug and AF one braking issue

Land_Yachters
Explorer
Explorer
Hard to say what I needed in subject line. Have had 2018 Grand Cherokee towed behind my Tiffin for over a year and about 18,000 miles. No problems with Blue Ox hardware and Air Force one braking. One of the service lights came on in car (service stability control), made appointment at dealer, and he said he couldn't hook up diagnostic cable to see what the issue was because it was blocked by the brake hardware installed on pedal. He said that would be an issue on any service required and not having diagnostic readings to go on. I left and will call shop that installed the system, but was wondering if anyone has had this issue. I think the Jeep/GC and Air force One combination is pretty popular out there.
Thanks for any guidance.
Land Yachters
Griff, Ali and Coco
Philadelphia, PA
2018 Tiffin 33AA
2018 Grand Cherokee
2 REPLIES 2

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like a bad install. Perhaps install on the other side of the brake pedal or see if there is other hardware to solve the issue. I'd want a much more experienced person to correct and check the entire system for potential problems.

As a last resore take pictures, mark the cylinder location with tape and then remove it for your service.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
They just installed it in a bad place, most likely over top of the diagnostic connector in the JGC. That connector is under the dash to the left of the steering column.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad