cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge light

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
Alright guys, I'm looking for a battery powered fridge light to put in our RV fridge. Have any of you found one that works pretty good?
I saw a Sensor Brite Polar Brite LED light on Amazon but it has some pretty poor reviews as far as battery life. It's supposed to last up to 20,000 hours on one set of batteries but apparently that is not the case.
Any suggestions?
Just say no to the payload police :C
6 REPLIES 6

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Your fridge came without a light?

Ha ha, it has a light but for some reason there is no power to the light fixture and there is no power to the switches that send power to the light fixture when the doors are opened.
The fridge works just fine otherwise whether on propane or shore power.
Just say no to the payload police :C

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Your fridge came without a light?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
I gave up with the fridge light. First even for a small fridge, a single light was not enough. Next the batteries did not last very long, especially because of the cold. Third, the light did not turn on by itself. Now I just use a small $1, Harbor Freight flashlight that hangs near the fridge. Most of the time I don't need it, but it is there if I need to look at stuff in the back of the freezer compartment.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I don't remember where I got the little motion sensing light that is what we have. It runs a a couple or three AAA batteries. They last a long time.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Explorer II
Explorer II
Something like THIS?

They make them in USB rechargeable as well
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
What is the make and model of your RV fridge?

I'd go with a headlight if my fridge needed one
What'd a head light?

Amazon lots of options
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times