cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

solid stance step stabilizer

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
finally the temps are up to 45* so warm enough to do a few things on the toyhauler. installed the lci solid step stabilizer. i see what you mean by weak mounting hardware. the stabilizer is built pretty robust and then they go and include #10 (3/16") button head bolts. atleast they included nylock nuts. so .25" button head bolts would be stronger. mine came with 4 washers for each bolt and that came in handy. there is a structural rib on my step that wanted to rock the stabilizer over a touch. one washer underneath and it sits flat and solid. buddy of mine commented ( via text) that they will look nice on the side of the road when they come loose lol he should know better then that. they cannot fall out when in the stowed position. i wouldn't say they make the steps 100% solid but they most def take 65% of the bounce out if not more. have not used them for a camping trip yet, so time will tell. only one spot on my steps with a flatter surface. they barely clear the next step when folding them up but they do clear. atleast i don't have to let steps down on the shoulder of the road for an emergency bathroom sprint in transit!!
used my cell so yes i know the pics are ****. forgot the digital camera for nice pics.

4 REPLIES 4

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
You are rightโ€ฆitโ€™s RV project and maintenance time in many parts of the country.

yes it is and 45* is huge step up from the -20* with wind chill, we saw a couple weeks ago. i also installed the lci screen shot screen door closer. it works pretty good and min modification to work on a challenger screen door. i have a dune sport toyhauler and they use challenger doors apparently.

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
That's easier to use than the Camco ones I have that have to be attached every time I use them. Would they work on a two step unit?

i don't see why not as there is quite a bit of height adjustment. i have heard the aluminum steps are more challenging fitment with these. $46 direct from lci

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
That's easier to use than the Camco ones I have that have to be attached every time I use them. Would they work on a two step unit?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
You are rightโ€ฆitโ€™s RV project and maintenance time in many parts of the country.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad