cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cargo trailer gray water tank mounting

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 12' cargo trailer. I have a Transit van with a bed but no bathroom or shower. My plan is to use the front of the cargo trailer to install a shower and a sink and two motorcycles in the back. No toilet is needed because I have a porta-potty. I'm looking to install a 20 gal (or so) tank under the floor to catch the gray water. Any advice on what's a good tank and how to mount it? There's 24" between the frame support that run from side to side.
6 REPLIES 6

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to mount two 20 gallon grey tanks, plumbed together under my 14' cargo trailer. Depth is a big limit, so that's why I needed side by side tanks. Measured dimensions I could work with then did searches for tanks.
As mentioned getting a vent tube up through the roof was problematic. I had built a shower stall/porta potty enclosure and ran the vent tube up through an edge of that enclosure.

never have come close to filling the full 40 gallons. 2 gallons for a shower at most, 2 gallons for dishes, can take a while to fill the grey tank.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
I put 3 class a custom tanks on my trailer, they fit nice between the frame rails. Getting the vent up was the most problematic issue for me, I used 1.5" angle iron and welded up frames for them. 2x20gal for fresh and a 20 for grey, it's additional storage for my truck camper.

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
Might be easier to add just a drain line and get like 3 aqutainers. 20 gallons for a grey water tank is small. Especially if you have a shower. Its doable, but probably not practical.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Utility trailers are sometimes low on ground clearance. Be strategic on where you place it. The one you are looking at is 8.5 inches in height.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I'm looking at:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07LBB4RTF/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=ANNYFJC2Y5PU4&psc=1

I guess there should be some kind of rubber on the straps?

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV water tanks

Tanks are generally held in by metal straps
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper