Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Truck Bed Weight
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Truck Bed Weight

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
notsobigjoe

southeast

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/22 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:

(1) Pickup Box Delete available with Regular Cab 141.6" WB, SuperCab 164.2" WB and Crew Cab 176.0" WB models with 6.2L or 6.7L engines only. Base Curb Weights shown above are for completed pickup truck models with standard equipment and the engine/transmission combination indicated. To adjust the “Base Curb Weight” to reflect Pickup Box Delete, add 20 lbs. for SRW models and 22 lbs. for DRW models to the “Front” weight and subtract 366 lbs. for SRW models and 417 lbs. for DRW models from the “Total” weight (adjust the “Rear” weight by subtracting “Front” from “Total”). This provides the weight effect of deleting the pickup box, rear step bumper and standard spare tire, wheel and carrier.
Please also refer to footnote 3.
Fllet Ford specs clicky

Foot note #1 in all the weight spec pages says the same;
Box removal includes the box...rear step bumper....and spare tire....wheel and carrier.

Hey Jim, What did you search for when you found this page? I would love to know how far they went back for DRW Chevy 3500. Fantastic info page on ford.

BigSwick

FL

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/22 11:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So for SRW- 366 pounds minus spare tire and wheel, maybe 65 pounds, minus spare tire holder, maybe 25 pounds, minus rear bumper, maybe 40 pounds. For a grand bed weight total of 236 pounds, give or take a few. I would have guessed heavier than that. I can't imagine not carrying a spare tire or having a rear bumper.

JIMNLIN

Oklahoma

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/22 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Hey Jim, What did you search for when you found this page? I would love to know how far they went back for DRW Chevy 3500. Fantastic info page on ford.

Ford specs pages

Open the clicky..
click vehicle specifications...
Just below 2022 specs click on show more which brings up model down to 2014...
Other clickable links to search. One is the Body Builders Book.

It would be nice if Ram and GM had this much tech info on their trucks.

"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stevenal wrote:

Why a flat bed? This will raise your camper and its COG significantly. There are manufacturers that build pickup beds complete with storage boxes for TCers.

how, the flat bed would sit at the same hight as the box floor?

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigSwick wrote:

So for SRW- 366 pounds minus spare tire and wheel, maybe 65 pounds, minus spare tire holder, maybe 25 pounds, minus rear bumper, maybe 40 pounds. For a grand bed weight total of 236 pounds, give or take a few. I would have guessed heavier than that. I can't imagine not carrying a spare tire or having a rear bumper.

Well, if that's the case, I certainly stand corrected. However, my statement about counting every calorie, so to speak, still stands.
First, it's not much weight, and second, the weight of the flatbed is far more important, as it will be real easy to make a flatbed "heavy."

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mkirsch

Rochester, NY

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 08:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

stevenal wrote:

Why a flat bed? This will raise your camper and its COG significantly. There are manufacturers that build pickup beds complete with storage boxes for TCers.

It wouldn't be a flat bed per se. It would be more of a utility body with the bed at the stock bed height.

You can't have a true flat bed at the same height as the stock bed because suspension travel allows the wheels to go higher. That's what the wheel wells are for.

Although the suspension is so high on stock trucks these days it almost seems like the wheel wells wouldn't be necessary.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

stevenal

Newport, OR, USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

Flat beds don't have wheel wells, and sit high above the wheels. PU beds have wheel wells and sit lower.

'18 Bigfoot 1500
Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Truck Bed Weight
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.