cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 320 water valve

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
The water valve on our when slams shut causes the pipes to bang, water pressure is at 45psi tried a resistor still no joy. Any ideas?
2017 Landmark Arlington 365
2015 Silverado LTZ 3500 c/c LWB.
20 REPLIES 20

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a two year old Dometic 320 and it works great. I have a 2 gallon bladder tank at the pump and ive foam wrapped and anchored all the waterlines that I can get to. I hear the 320 water valve thump when it closes but no line rattle whatsoever. There are much better hammer arrestors than that Oatey. Iโ€™ve used some that were scaled down bladder tanks, about the size of a pint jar that I bought from commercial plumbing suppliers. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
TXiceman wrote:
We tried a Dometic 320 and it was a piece of junk. Took it out, returned to dealer and got the parts to repair my old Thetford.

Ken

Curious as to what about it made you think it was a "piece of junk" ???

With proper water pressure and flow it would not sweep the bowl and you had to use the hand sprayer. After I got online looking for a resolution, I found it had problems with the pedal breaking and leaks as well as very limited parts were available. Basically, it is a throw away item.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
ChuckSteed wrote:
If the water pressure is good (you are using a pressure regulator)... not a Camco piece of junk.... then replace the valve

And if you let that foot pedal snap up hard you WILL sooner or later crack the pedal mechanism and be buying a new toilet...

The pedal did break so I bought a 5/8" rod ABS spun it down to fit in the part glued it in.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
TXiceman wrote:
We tried a Dometic 320 and it was a piece of junk. Took it out, returned to dealer and got the parts to repair my old Thetford.

Ken

Curious as to what about it made you think it was a "piece of junk" ???
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Look up Wellxtrol WX-101 (140PR1), 2 Gal WELL-X-TROL In-Line Well Tank

You can get for under $100.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
rhagfo wrote:
ChuckSteed wrote:
If the water pressure is good (you are using a pressure regulator)... not a Camco piece of junk.... then replace the valve

And if you let that foot pedal snap up hard you WILL sooner or later crack the pedal mechanism and be buying a new toilet...

I doubt that replacing the valve will have much effect. I close the valve slowly, but still get a bit of hammer.

The real issue is that there are no built in air chambers in an RVs plumbing. I would suggest, and will likely buy one of these Hammer Arrestor. Simply replace an elbow with a Tee and install the arrestor.

That is a cheap first try. If that does not work a small expansion thank should do the trick.

Are you talking about the tank like the one on the water pump?
Den.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
rhagfo wrote:
ChuckSteed wrote:

I doubt that replacing the valve will have much effect. I close the valve slowly, but still get a bit of hammer.

The real issue is that there are no built in air chambers in an RVs plumbing. I would suggest, and will likely buy one of these Hammer Arrestor. Simply replace an elbow with a Tee and install the arrestor.

That is a cheap first try. If that does not work a small expansion thank should do the trick.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ChuckSteed wrote:

NOT on this model. I have used mine full time since May 2105. I am a release and snap kinda guy!

The down side to the earlier models is the ball can crack and then you are buying a whole new toilet! NOT a replaceable item. Mine did crack but kept it working until last year with various glues until I finally caved in and bought a new unit.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ChuckSteed wrote:

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know they say to push down and pull foot away to let it snap closed. Try quickly lifting the door pedal instead. I have the same toilet and that is what I do in the middle of the night to make less noise and it still functions fine.

routemaster
Explorer
Explorer
I am bad, it is an Oatey Water Hammer ARRESTER.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Allworth wrote:
Probably "pressure regulator", but more interesting is which valve closes so fast that it causes water hammer??
From the post title I think it's the toilet.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman