cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stainless wheel liners.

jy
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased a 2017 winnebago 31g motorhome. It has the stainless wheel liners.I cant seem to figure out how to remove them.On a previous mh they hub caps had two dimpled caps that threaded off and the hub cap come off.I dont see any dimpled caps on these.I tried just prying them off like an automotive hub cap but they dont seem to want to come off.I didnt pry too hard as I dont want to bend them.Any suggestions? BTW its on a Ford E450 chassis.
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.
9 REPLIES 9

jy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies.The mh is in a storage lot now but next time I go there I,ll take some pry bars and a rubber mallet and check it out.
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Itasca 31K with the same hub cap style pry off stainless wheel liners. I would think that unless a previous owner had changed the wheel liners, you would also have the pry off liners.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
I recently replaced my steel wheels and covers with Alcoa wheels. Both inside and outside wheel covers pried off. This is them. If you have the same hubcap symbol, they likely pry off too.

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah no kidding. Our old ones had the two screw on lug nut covers but this 2018 just has pry off covers. I had a hard time figuring out how to get them off too. I have a small nail puller/pry bar with a handle that works the best for me. I think it’s because the end is narrower so it fits behind the wheel liner easier. Once I got the hang of it they are not so hard to remove. I use a big orange camping hammer to pop them back on.
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

clotus
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Minnie Winnie 31k here..... I had the same issue, in the end just pry harder. Mine are held on with a friction style teeth for lack of a better word, just work your way around the wheel with a pry bar and they will start to come loose. It took a bit of muscle and time to work around the wheel, but once you get it going it will all make sense. I still hate taking them off!
Current: 2017 Winnebago 31K
(Sold): 5th wheel: 2015 Heartland Sundance XLT 245

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
My old ones were literally hub caps. Just pry up at the edges.

My current ones are held on by the lug nuts. And there is a tool to pull off the center cap.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Mine are held on by some of the lug nuts.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
No dimples, then try tapping each one until you hear a different pitch on two of them.

I have a set on my dually.
The caps are held on with 2 screws right in the face.
Could yours be the same?
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com