Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Pilot GoodSam RV Plus Card Issues
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Pilot GoodSam RV Plus Card Issues

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
AstroRig57

near Tehachapi, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/11/22 01:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve been having an issue with my Pilot/Flying J-Good Sam RV Plus card and it seems that I’m not alone.
Anyone else having a similar experience?

On 1/14/22 I received an email stating that my account was past due by $92.78. At the time it was current with a small balance. In telephone calls and emails to Pilot customer service I was told that there was an issue with their WEX (?) system and that it had erroneously sent past due notices to “many RV Plus customers”. I was assured that my account was active and current.

On 1/25/22 I received another email, again stating that my account was past due by $92.78. Again, and via both telephone and email, I was assured it was a “glitch” with their WEX system and that my account was current and active.

In the interim, my wife attempted to use the card and had it declined. At the time she was in too much of a hurry to go inside and deal with it so she paid from another source.

On 2/5/22, and having paid my (actual) Pilot/Flying J statement so that I now had a $0.00 balance, I noted that my online statement said that I had $0.00 in available credit. I again contacted Pilot and was told, “We show that you have a credit limit of $1000.00 and $1000.00 available with a zero balance…..”
What they show, and what my online statement shows, are apparently two different things.

Today, 2/11/22, and having received all of their “assurances” I went to our local Pilot to purchase gasoline. Upon scanning my card I received the message, “See Cashier”. I want inside and told them what’s been transpiring with the card. They acknowledged knowing of an issue with the Good Sam RV Plus Cards. After discussing with colleagues and managers the cashier scanned my card at the counter and had me go pump the gas. When I returned she had me scan it again before telling me, “It says the card is inactive” and I had to pay with another funding source. Why they couldn’t figure that out before I pumped the gas is beyond me.

So. Here I am with a Pilot/Flying J Good Sam RV Plus Card that the store says is “inactive” yet customer service says is “Active” and no one seems willing or able to fix it.

I realize the issue is with Pilot/Flying J and their WEX billing system, but with other RV’ers apparently having the same issue, and with the Good Sam name also on the RV Plus Card, and it being marketed as a benefit of Good Sam membership, I thought Good Sam should be aware as it reflects badly on you as well. You might want to give a call to the folks at Pilot/Flying J and find out what’s going on.

2005 Winnebago Sightseer WFD30B "rigged for night" with red LED lighting for night adapted vision.

Do you remember when the sky was dark, and the stars were bright?
The International Dark-Sky Association
American by birth...Scottish by the Grace Of God.

Lwiddis

Cambria, California area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/11/22 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Holy cow. What an accounting mess.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dhull

Some Lake Somewhere

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/22 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We had same problem.
Requested a replacement card. No problems since.

CarnationSailor

Cathedral City, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/22 07:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

While travelling from April thru October last year, I found that diesel at Pilot/Flying J with the Good Sam discount was always higher than any other truck stop on the interstates. Given my experience, I wonder why RV'ers are still buying there?

2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

chuckbear

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/12/22 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stopped using ours a long time ago. Not worth the hassle. Chuck

delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/22 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a similar problem with mine. The solution was to go online and manually change the pin code. Log out. Go back in and change the card to active. No problems since. I was advised to change my pin code every six months.

2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 02/12/22 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello AstroRig57,

Thank you for your time and post. Please provide your Good Sam membership and contact number in a private message. We will be happy to look into this matter.

Thank you,
Good Sam Customer Care Team

AstroRig57

near Tehachapi, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/15/22 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A private message has been sent.

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello AstroRig57,

Thank you for your time and post. Please provide your Good Sam membership and contact number in a private message. We will be happy to look into this matter.

Thank you,
Good Sam Customer Care Team

AstroRig57

near Tehachapi, CA

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/22 01:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The latest response from Pilot/Flying J.

Encouraging and confidence building ain't it?

"Hello,

I am sorry that this keeps happening to you. Due to the WEX glitch our guests accounts keep getting deactivated and unfortunately there is no way for us or them to stop it from happening. All we can do is advise our guests to call us and let us know the card isn’t working. I know how inconvenient this is and I wish that there was something else that we could do to help.

Thank you"

JimR 1

Custer South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/22 10:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Makes sense to me, had issues with Coach Net, I and someone else were sharing the same account number, also can not pay for the Good Sam Extended Service because of a bug in something.

Shoot just blame it on the Russians or ET

JimR

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Club

> Pilot GoodSam RV Plus Card Issues
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Club

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.