cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

thor vegas 25.6

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
my chassy battery keeps going dead only 2k miles on it. has anyone had this trouble and what did you find. everything is turned off dont know what to do or where to look. HELP
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member
3 REPLIES 3

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
T18skyguy wrote:
Even if everything is off, there are parasitic drains such as the keep alive memory in the radio and other things like that. Also make sure if it has a heated mirror that the switch for it is turned off. You might consider a Trik L Start which feeds a small amount of current from the house batteries to the chassis battery to keep it's charge. You might also try a 12 volt ampmeter and put it around the red/positive wire on the battery and it will measure the resting draw.

thank you for the reply i did what i should have done B4 took it to a ford dealer. hope they can fix it
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

T18skyguy
Explorer
Explorer
Even if everything is off, there are parasitic drains such as the keep alive memory in the radio and other things like that. Also make sure if it has a heated mirror that the switch for it is turned off. You might consider a Trik L Start which feeds a small amount of current from the house batteries to the chassis battery to keep it's charge. You might also try a 12 volt ampmeter and put it around the red/positive wire on the battery and it will measure the resting draw.
Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. Between rigs right now.. Wife and daughter. Four cats which we must obey.

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
Goes dead while driving, or when parked? If parked a long time, might be residual power use somewhere. If not...

Since it's new, it could be bad alternator, or regulator (which is built into the alternator) or loose ground or even a bad battery. Should be covered under warranty.