Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Clear2o RV Water Filter
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Clear2o RV Water Filter

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/22 08:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Has anyone used one of these? How do they compare to the "Blue" filter? The Blue one filters at 100 microns and this one filters down to 1 micron. Does it reduce water flow?
Clear2o

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/22 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use the Clear2O filters and do not see any significant reduction in water flow. I appreciate knowing I am getting superior filtration with a solid carbon block filter.

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/22 09:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Keep in mind, particulate filtering (ie: micron size) and carbon filtering are two separate steps and work differently.

The standard blue one is 20micron not 100.

Particulate filtering is typically more aesthetic in nature.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

ChuckSteed

Mtn Home, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/22 06:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Neither of these so called RV water filters is dong much other than eventually restricting the volume of water to your RV... Spend a few bucks a buy a better dual stage water filter that will perform 100 percent better than the camco blue

https://www.amazon.com/Beech-Lane-Extern........=9029579&hvtargid=pla-589335525091&psc=1

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/22 07:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ChuckSteed wrote:

Neither of these so called RV water filters is dong much other than eventually restricting the volume of water to your RV... Spend a few bucks a buy a better dual stage water filter that will perform 100 percent better than the camco blue

https://www.amazon.com/Beech-Lane-Extern........=9029579&hvtargid=pla-589335525091&psc=1

They do pretty much the same thing. Only advantage to your option is at least in theory, the larger filters don't have to be replaced as often.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 07:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What exactly is it you are trying to filter out? I would disagree slightly with other opinions in that these do nothing. Particulate filters and carbon block filters can remove Chlorine and large debris which can cause deposits in your system. That said, I would agree they don't do much. To really reduce particles you probably want a larger, 2 stage filtration system with catalytic carbon. While carbon block will reduce chlorine, catalytic carbon reduces chlorine and chloramine - the latter is now becoming more commonly used in water treatment. If you are concerned about drinking water, in order to have truly clean water, you would need to look at an under the sink RO. But the 2 suggestions I offered are expensive. As is with most things, you get what you pay for.

I have looked into table top RO units, but ultimately we just take 2, 5 gallon water jugs of RO water from the house for drinking.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Creek Silverback 29rw

C Schomer

Pueblo West, Co.

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/22 09:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

IMO 1 Micron is entry-level and I use those for whole building filters to make a significant reduction in particulate and conductivity. Then I use half micron/activated carbon for icemakers coffee machines etc. craig

TechWriter

Part-Timing Again

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/15/22 12:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bob213 wrote:

Has anyone used one of these? How do they compare to the "Blue" filter? The Blue one filters at 100 microns and this one filters down to 1 micron. Does it reduce water flow?
Clear2o

Not a good idea. Here's a quote from the Clear2O website:

Due to our superior one micron filtration solid carbon block some areas with high sediment and particulates may require a pre-filter to prevent low flow rates and clogging.

While 1 micron filtration is great, you typically put a sediment filter in front of a carbon filter so that the carbon filter doesn't get clogged.

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

ChuckSteed

Mtn Home, Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/16/22 06:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Image of Camco Blue filter versus a two stage filter I use ... The blue filter is no comparison... Want to have less water volume... Use the Camco.. You cant see what the filter is or isnt doing versus a two stage filter with a sediment filter that is twice the size of the entire camco unit...

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 02/16/22 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I understand that some of you camp at private campgrounds all over the U.S. that are using untested /untreated well water. Around here in MN or Northern Iowa all public water supplies are tested and regulated good. No need to filter that water again.

To each their own.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Clear2o RV Water Filter
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.