cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monticello campground

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a good campground near Jefferson’s Monticello home. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
5 REPLIES 5

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We used to stay at Misty Mountain, but the owner was a piece of work. His dog got to run all over the camp, pooping wherever and he didn't clean up because he was never supervising the dog. Also some of the 50A sites are actually wired for 30, so you keep blowing the breaker. The sites up front are extremely tight so much so that putting out your awning can interfere with your neighbor. And you aren't guaranteed a specific site, so if you request one you KNOW you can fit on easily, you may get a rude surprise when you arrive.

We gave up trying to be comfortable there.

The KOA is about the same cost and the people are much better, sites are better, etc.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
If you are traveling I-81, we stayed in Staunton VA. it’s 50 minutes on I-64 to Charlottesville.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed here several times, found it clean, friendly and easy access to I 64.
Misty mountain

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much. Will be making reservations now
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
Best place to camp in/around Charlottesville is the Charlottesville KOA. The family who owns it is very nice and have made nice improvements to the camp. Lots of pull throughs, but it's not a super large camp, so make your reservations early. I don't believe there are any campgrounds close in to Monticello. My daughter lives in C-ville and we have been visiting/camping there for 15+ years.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/