cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Brunswick – – – mid-October

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
We are planning a trip to New England in a 35-foot 5th wheel to see the fall colors around mid-October. We are thinking about also making a trip up to New Brunswick to see Bay of Fundy and the Hopewell rocks. Tried to get reservations at Fundy National Park with no joy.

1. Looking for an inexpensive campground (since I expect we are only looking for a place to sleep since we will be seeing the sights more than staying at the campground) that would be open this time a year. I have checked out Campendium. Nothing really exciting to turn me on.

2. Also looking for anything classified as “must-see” or “must do”.

3. We may spend a night or 2 at Mispec Beach which I understand is only a parking lot. Any information on overnight at this beach is welcome.
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos
4 REPLIES 4

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
We did an October trip years ago up thru vermont, into quebec and around gaspe' and down thru NB and home to NY...the weather held wonderfully for us. We poked along using our 24 foot class c as a roaming hotel and boondocking along the way. LOVED hopewell rocks.

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
Not much for campgrounds after mid-October in the Maritime provinces. Or Sani-dumps.
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
A lot of New England's campgrounds close Columbus Day weekend as well, which is also Monday 10/10 but some do stay open later. Depending on the year, mid-October could be too late. Or right on time! I'd do a search on each of the states you would like to visit to find out what campgrounds are open year round. Don't overlook coastal areas for foliage, either. Both Maine and Cape Cod have some of the most spectacular fall colors along the coast. Be aware, too, that October is fair/festival season up here and any open campground will fill up quickly. Knowing what states you might be in will help with "must dos". My favs that time of year are along the coast-Camden, Ogunquit and Boothbay Harbor in Maine, Gloucester, Rockport and Newburyport in MA, Rt. 1A along New Hampshire's coast and the National Seashore down the Cape. Almost any drive along any back road in New England will showcase our colors if the timing is right. Also if you can let us know what you like to do that will help.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

63-Coupe
Explorer
Explorer
One thing to keep in mind is that our Canadian Thanksgiving is always the second Monday of October and often signals the end of the season for a lot of attractions. This year it is October 10.

I can't help you much on the campgrounds because I think even the New Brunswick provincial parks close late September or early October. Just a "Heads up".