cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cabover on an SUV

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Seen this parked out front of local store for a few weeks, Had to stop and take some pics. No details, virtually permanent so I guess this would be a class C but interesting.

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com
10 REPLIES 10

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Well typing in wildlandcampervan also found a few posts, then noted on a video a tik-toc account.
A few posts on his build (though no details/bits and pieces) but mostly unrelated random stuff.

Point is on one videos mentioned he had tried to CA. register as camper and found indeed it didn't pass/qualify.
He had to dismantle and start over following rebuild to regulations.
One mans dream...hard to appreciate the dream but easy to appreciate his pursuit of it.

Anyway did find couple more pics from the rear. Spotted driving downtown SLO, at a traffic light.

Apparently running lights aren't working...

'pics by Henry'
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

thedavidzoo
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.instagram.com/wildlandcampervan/ not much to see though
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
AnEv942 wrote:
Seen this parked out front of local store for a few weeks, Had to stop and take some pics. No details, virtually permanent so I guess this would be a class C but interesting.

I would think it would be a class B since the main part of the vehicle still has the original sides and all. It is just a high top B. ๐Ÿ™‚

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
I'm not an engineer but, the design looks like the faster it goes the more the camper will lift and try to pull away from the vehicle roof.
It is interesting.

I wonder how much reinforcement had to be done to keep that from happening.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow!! I canโ€™t believe that thing would ever pass inspection.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not an engineer but, the design looks like the faster it goes the more the camper will lift and try to pull away from the vehicle roof.
It is interesting.

Tiger4x4RV wrote:
Can that possibly be legal? I sure would not want to be driving behind it on a windy day.

Got to ask; what makes one think it's not 'legal'?

Strange? Different? sure, but....
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Just when I thought it couldnt get any better than the โ€œIโ€™m allergic to campfiresโ€ threadโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Can that possibly be legal? I sure would not want to be driving behind it on a windy day.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Another high priced, sleek RV that I can't afford. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad