Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Rear end problem 2021 F53 chasis
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

 > Rear end problem 2021 F53 chasis

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
PastorCharlie

NC

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 02/26/22 06:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

RLS7201 wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

Plenty available HERE


How is this helpful? Ford warranty work is only done with parts supplied by Ford.

Richard


Quote:

Our motor home has been at the Ford garage for 44 days because of rear end problems.


For a few dollars the motorhome can be back on the road. What is most important?


A few dollars?!!! That’s a $1000 job minimum! Depending on what parts it actually needs.


How does a $1,000.00 repair bill compare to a $$200,000.00--$300,000.00 Motorhome? One that has been sitting in the holding lot for 44 days waiting to be repaired. It will soon have depreciated more than that while sitting waiting to be repaired. Not counting the loss of service.

RLS7201

Beautyful Downtown Gladstone, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 10/26/2002

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 02/26/22 10:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie wrote:

dodge guy wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

RLS7201 wrote:

PastorCharlie wrote:

Plenty available HERE


How is this helpful? Ford warranty work is only done with parts supplied by Ford.

Richard


Quote:

Our motor home has been at the Ford garage for 44 days because of rear end problems.


For a few dollars the motorhome can be back on the road. What is most important?


A few dollars?!!! That’s a $1000 job minimum! Depending on what parts it actually needs.


How does a $1,000.00 repair bill compare to a $$200,000.00--$300,000.00 Motorhome? One that has been sitting in the holding lot for 44 days waiting to be repaired. It will soon have depreciated more than that while sitting waiting to be repaired. Not counting the loss of service.


MAN! I wished all of us had your finical freedom, but not your lack of knowledge.

ESTIMATED MSRP of OP's coach.
$139,768 USD

Richard


95 Bounder 32H F53
460/528 stroker
Web Master
MWPSchooners.com
First brake job
1941 Hudson


old idaho guy

Idaho

Full Member

Joined: 05/03/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 03/29/22 08:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No new news on when the part will arrive. But in the long run if the biggest problem in our lives is that we can't take a trip in our motor home, then we are blessed!

Bruce Brown

Northern NY

Moderator

Joined: 06/01/2001

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 03/31/22 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seeing as it's been this long it might be worth a conversation about using non-OEM parts.


There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910


dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 03/31/22 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

Seeing as it's been this long it might be worth a conversation about using non-OEM parts.


Yes, I would start pressuring Ford. Push them so you can get it fixed ASAP.


Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!


old idaho guy

Idaho

Full Member

Joined: 05/03/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 04/30/22 08:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update: Here is my answer to the Customer Experience Specialist, who was my point of contact from Ford:I do have my motor home back. I don't see how I can be satisfied with it after having the differential giving out after only 7,000 miles and waiting 4 months to get it repaired. We have very little choice as to chassis that are available for motor homes, but I feel that F-53 is one of the worst possible choices. We have to spend money on a new vehicle to enhance the handling just to get it to be safe to drive down the road. To not be able to get an integral part for over 90 days is incredible. Ford was continuing to build new chassis while my vehicle sat in a dealer's lot waiting for a part. You were very good at staying in contact with me, but I don't feel that Ford really cared about my situation. I feel that Ford should extend my drive train warranty for 6 months because I was unable to use my vehicle for such a long time and I have very little confidence in the quality of the vehicle.
Steve

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/30/22 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

old idaho guy wrote:

Update: Here is my answer to the Customer Experience Specialist, who was my point of contact from Ford:I do have my motor home back. I don't see how I can be satisfied with it after having the differential giving out after only 7,000 miles and waiting 4 months to get it repaired. We have very little choice as to chassis that are available for motor homes, but I feel that F-53 is one of the worst possible choices. We have to spend money on a new vehicle to enhance the handling just to get it to be safe to drive down the road. To not be able to get an integral part for over 90 days is incredible. Ford was continuing to build new chassis while my vehicle sat in a dealer's lot waiting for a part. You were very good at staying in contact with me, but I don't feel that Ford really cared about my situation. I feel that Ford should extend my drive train warranty for 6 months because I was unable to use my vehicle for such a long time and I have very little confidence in the quality of the vehicle.
Steve


This is exactly why I wish another company would come around and build a new chassis. Would love to see Ram build a chassis with the 6.4 and Cummins option, along with an air suspension option.
This would be good for Ford so they can get their act together and produce a better product!

FloridaRosebud

Melbourne

Senior Member

Joined: 05/27/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 04/30/22 05:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

old idaho guy wrote:

Update: Here is my answer to the Customer Experience Specialist, who was my point of contact from Ford:I do have my motor home back. I don't see how I can be satisfied with it after having the differential giving out after only 7,000 miles and waiting 4 months to get it repaired. We have very little choice as to chassis that are available for motor homes, but I feel that F-53 is one of the worst possible choices. We have to spend money on a new vehicle to enhance the handling just to get it to be safe to drive down the road. To not be able to get an integral part for over 90 days is incredible. Ford was continuing to build new chassis while my vehicle sat in a dealer's lot waiting for a part. You were very good at staying in contact with me, but I don't feel that Ford really cared about my situation. I feel that Ford should extend my drive train warranty for 6 months because I was unable to use my vehicle for such a long time and I have very little confidence in the quality of the vehicle.
Steve


This is exactly why I wish another company would come around and build a new chassis. Would love to see Ram build a chassis with the 6.4 and Cummins option, along with an air suspension option.
This would be good for Ford so they can get their act together and produce a better product!


Absolutely, that would be awesome. My MH is now handling quite well, but I had to spend a bunch of $$ to get it there.

Al

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Maintenance Issues & Tips

 > Rear end problem 2021 F53 chasis
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.