cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mobely / 3G shut down????

Rbertalotto
Explorer
Explorer
Any recent word on whether our AT&T Mobely units will work? I did a search but couldn't find any info. Mobely SIM in a Netgear hotspot......Will it still work. The little Icon shows 4G when I'm using it. Any info to share?
RoyB
Dartmouth, MA
2021 RAM 2500 4X4 6.4L
2011 Forest River Grey Wolf Cherokee 19RR
520 w solar-200ah Renogy Li-Epever MPPT
21 REPLIES 21

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Not only is my Mobley (in a separate router) still working, it appears to be working better than ever. I wonder if 3G was available the software picked the 3G service but now is being "forced" to 4G. I love my Mobley more than ever. I thought I would give this Cudy AC1200 dual bank unlocked router a try. It worked every bit as well as my older Netgear hotspot but I am not sure it worked any better but the addition of Ethernet ports has added a couple of additional options.
Since the "3G shutdown" (if it happened) my speeds are amazing and performance from the streaming services I use has dramatically improved. Pretty happy with unlimited AT&T for $23/month. Sorry to say that if you missed it a few years back, the option is gone forever.
Speedtest

zenasboy
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
Pretty sure my Mobley is running faster than ever. If they turned off 3G and forced the Mobley to 4G, I'm pretty **** happy. Played with some streaming and it's much better today than a week or so back.

Noticed the same thing on ours. Still have fingers crossed. The mobely has been our only internet at home for the past 3 or 4 yrs but luckily we had fiber routed to our home recently. Still want to keep the mobley for travel and camping though.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
My only AT&T service is a prepaid "Connected Car" plan for the Mobley device. The Mobley is not listed on the "good" list, but neither is the Harmon "Spark" device that replaced the Mobley and is still offered. Back when I first set up the Mobley, the Connected Car plan was handled by a different department from the usual cell service folks. I also noticed that the Mobley shown on my "myAT&T" account is tagged with a green "Good to go!" label with no explanation of what that means. My Mobley SIM is currently in a Netgear 815s hotspot and continues to work ok,
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty sure my Mobley is running faster than ever. If they turned off 3G and forced the Mobley to 4G, I'm pretty **** happy. Played with some streaming and it's much better today than a week or so back.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
As of today, my Mobley is still working just fine and as I said before I knew it was 4G LTE thru research and inquiries some time ago. Also, it is not subjected to the two-hour shut down and I sometimes use it in my house or a hotel. Everything is hunkey dory. TTB SAT

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
pianotuna wrote:
Hi All,

Confusing news from AT&T.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-prepaid-sends-confusing-cancellation-notices-to-customers/

Fair chance that some of the notices were to long time customers that started out on older equipment bought from ATT(IE ATTs database was not updated to the customers newest device). This is could be typical for Prepaid plan equipment that a customer may have originally bought yrs ago and then simply replaced the device by moving the SIM card to a new device that they bought from a third party..

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi All,

Confusing news from AT&T.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-prepaid-sends-confusing-cancellation-notices-to-customers/
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Well, as of now, my Mobley SIM is still working! 20 Mbps up and 46 Mbps down.

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
Starlord, I answered your PM. Sorry for long delay in answering. What I explained to you works for me. If I can help answer any other questions, let me know.

starlord
Explorer
Explorer
Ol'Coot, sent you a PM a few days ago.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
My Mobley SIM was moved to a router and unlocked early. Never turns off. Started with a Netgear router and now have the SIM in a MIMO 4G router with Ethernet ports as well. I have never contacted AT&T to make either change, just plug in the SIM and go back to surfing.
Hopefully, this will not change.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Helpful dude at the AT&T store recently told me mobley was 4G LTE and is not Voice over. Mine has worked perfectly for years and stays on all the time. I don't need to mess with the SIM. I soon won't. Cheers to the brave.

Ol_coot
Explorer
Explorer
Don't ever push the reset button. I made that mistake....it resets to the 2 hour limit and there's nothing you can do to get it back to unlimited..... enough said.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
My Mobley is 4G LTE

It also stays on all the time.. and always has for years.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS