Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Truck Fire Ford SD 6.7
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck Fire Ford SD 6.7

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/22 10:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You need to look at recent sales! YES they are going for HIGH numbers. Don't let them bone you.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Bionic Man

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/22 10:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A few years ago I had a car that was totaled by a hailstorm. My insurance (Safeco) low balled me at the time. They allowed me to find 5 vehicles within 1 year old with similar or one model trim higher advertised for sale within something like 100 miles, and re-evaluated. I still thought that wasn't an accurate value due to the extreme low miles on my vehicle, but to fight I would have had to go to arbitration, so I ended up setting.

Just a long winded way of saying that you should have some options to dispute the claim amount. Have you got your actual agent involved?

Used values are absolutely crazy high right now. That $54k sticker you saw probably wasn't a mistake.

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

EricCO

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/22 10:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

OK Allstate first offer $30000 via Edmunds Blue book I got an offer for $36500 from Carmax that does not include the $1500 Leer Topper.
Sent that to Allstate guy hopefully he will bump his offer up a bit. I saw a 2014 F350 almost identical to our 2012 except no topper and a shortbed on the local Carmax lot. The sticker said $54000?! Must be a mistake

In my opinion -

You aren't going to find an available 2014 going for $36k. The $54k is more reasonable. Save those ads. The databases like KBB can't keep up with the demand pressures on prices.

2002 Ford F-350 CC LB PSD
2007 Travel Lite 960rx Ultra
2009 Lund 208 Pro-V GL with 250 hp Verado

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/22 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

OK Allstate first offer $30000 via Edmunds Blue book I got an offer for $36500 from Carmax that does not include the $1500 Leer Topper.
Sent that to Allstate guy hopefully he will bump his offer up a bit. I saw a 2014 F350 almost identical to our 2012 except no topper and a shortbed on the local Carmax lot. The sticker said $54000?! Must be a mistake

No, it’s not. It’s a stupid price, but people are paying those stupid prices.
First, that Leer topper needs to come off, and any other accessories that have value, unless they are specifically valued and insured in your policy (guessing not). And don’t let the adjuster bully you into leaving them on. His job is to make as much money off the deal as possible and give you as little as you’ll settle for. This is not a fair fight.

Secondly, the point of totaling a vehicle with an ACV policy is to receive the same amount it would cost you to purchase an otherwise comparable vehicle, reasonably. Doesn’t mean flying to Texas for that one “deal” that is the wrong color, floor boards full of cow manure and faded paint.
If “your” truck is for sale locally for…however much, that is what you hold out for. Period.
If you want to take the money, then “shop” for a deal, or downgrade or do anything other than spend all of it on a truck, that is your perogative.
An insurance adjuster is basically the same as a car salesman. His job is to screw you on your “trade in.”

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/22 11:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^This was learned back when I was in college and we had 3 family vehicles burned up. It was one of the vehicle fires I mentioned that started it.
Truck that caused the fire was 8-9 years old. Nothing left but steel components. Burned to the ground. Insurance was speculating on the mileage and condition. Claiming how “high” the miles had to have been on it based on age. They had no basis. That truck could have had a blown engine and 300k miles. They had no way of knowing but they tried to convince us of it. I went the other way and claimed how it was like new and only had _____miles. First liar never has a chance.
Our “new” car was also 100% engulfed. It was only 3-4 years old and actually was babied and pristine condition. They used a similar argument ( because that car was jinxed and had been hit and repaired 3 separate times since new). They attempted to de-value the car because they had history of previous damage. Umm diminished value doesn’t work that way.
Also claimed it must have higher miles than we stated. Lol.
The 3rd car, Z28 was also 50% cooked and totaled. It actually was a chit box. My sisters high school car. It was really a pile of ____. We got more than it was really worth due to its “popularity” and “value.”

I’ve had ins co try to lower the settlement on a fender bender when I wanted a check and not a settlement with a body shop. “If you repair it yourself, it will be cheaper, so we give you less $”. Again, sorry, that’s not how it works bud!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/22 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And in the end after a series of no fault accidents (on the new car) and of course a big comp claim with the fire, insurance co dropped my parents and they were high risk simply due to premiums collected vs payouts received. Nothing to do with high risk. All events were not owners fault.
I could keep going, but if you’re not outright, forceful and pro-active, the insurance company will hose you. Not subjective. Not even debatable.

Dadoffourgirls

China, MI USA

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/22 02:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was glad to have OnStar when my daughters car caught fire in a marina parking lot. I could show that the car had been driven 7 miles, when it was parked, when the fire department was called, etc. I could show that what time it had been driven the previous day, current odometer, and that there had been no warnings.

This was the 2nd vehicle that was totaled under my Progressive policy. The other was an Impala that drowned overnight in Manhattan KS. Both first offers were what I expected. The Malibu was totaled in 2020, was 2 years old, and the offer was more than I paid (I stacked a bunch of incentives). The Impala was in 2019. The buy-back amount for the Impala was a steal, but I was not able to get to Kansas to retrieve it. My new tires and rims were worth more parted off the car. The items retrieved from the Malibu smelled awful, and were all thrown away.

Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 02/23/22 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have to chime in now - I have been following your plight since you first posted it.
First of all, sorry to hear of the loss. Hard to take when you have a good truck.

We had a hail storm blow through here last summer. My PT Cruiser was totaled, My MIL's Nissan was totaled and my truck was heavily damaged, but due to the current value of older used trucks they opted to repair it even though most of the panels sustained damage. I took a cash payout and I am going to fix it myself.
The current market value of my 2007 diesel dually with 434,000 K on it is nothing short of plain stupid... But! People are paying those high prices. We all know about the chip shortages, and all the rest of the supply problems keeping the used vehicle market inflated.

So, above like Grit Dog and others have said, the used truck pricing is not a mistake. This is what people are getting all day long for the trucks. Heck, I was told I could get 20 to 24K for mine! Crazy.

If I could suggest you get online to various dealers, truck sales outlets, Craigslist and more and try to find a comparable truck to yours and see what they are asking for it. Keep a record of it and submit it to your insurance co.

As mentioned, they will only pay you the least amount it takes to get a signature and make you go away.
Don't let them bully you.. Your truck is a nice one and worth more than you may think.

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS - 32'

RV Rebuild Website
Site is live, finally launched Aug 22, 2021 @ 6:53 PM

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/22 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Maybe time to consider engaging the services of a public adjuster? Is arbitration your sole remedy should you not come to terms with Allstate?

agesilaus

North Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/23/22 08:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thomasmnile wrote:

Maybe time to consider engaging the services of a public adjuster? Is arbitration your sole remedy should you not come to terms with Allstate?

Is it worth it for a few thousand dollars and maybe a long wait w/o a truck?

Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Truck Fire Ford SD 6.7
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.