cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gettysburg are campgrounds open in early March

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any campgrounds open in early March in the Gettysburg, PA area?

We will be returning from Florida and would like to visit relatives in the Gettysburg area.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors
4 REPLIES 4

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depending on how wide you consider the Gettysburg area....Western Village in Carlisle is open year round.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Curt,

If you can get by without FHU or maybe even 15 amp only, you might look up Boondockers Welcome. BW is called that because these are common folk that offer members a flat place for the night. We have a small coach and have never been locked out, but your long 5er might be too much for many. You should look into it.
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check out campgroundreviews.com. Click on Pennsylvania and then Gettysburg. A comprehensive list of every CG in the area will be available. You can check each one's website to find out when it opens. It's still very possible for snow and cold weather in G-Burg in early March. Most CG's there shut off their water supply to the campsites to avoid problems during the winter. Many do not open before April 1st.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I checked 4 campgrounds in Gettysburg. Only one opens before April. It is Gettysburg Campground They show March 20th as the open date.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500