cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thetford

Sargehut234
Explorer
Explorer
Hey folks, we just came we just came home yesterday with our used Class A Winnebago Destination 37G.
In the water utility compartment there is a black box with the word "Thetford"on it. There is a 3in sewer hose attached to the box with a
smaller hose from the box to a fitting on the end of the sewer hose.The box is wired 12V.
I am try to find info on this device, Thetford search just brought up the toilets and how to repair them.
5 REPLIES 5

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
Sargehut234 wrote:
Hey folks, we just came we just came home yesterday with our used Class A Winnebago Destination 37G.
In the water utility compartment there is a black box with the word "Thetford"on it. There is a 3in sewer hose attached to the box with a
smaller hose from the box to a fitting on the end of the sewer hose.The box is wired 12V.
I am try to find info on this device, Thetford search just brought up the toilets and how to repair them.

Sounds like a built-in Thetford Sani-con Turbo. Maybe an aftermarket retrofit that connects to the black tank via normal bayonet fittings. As others have pointed out, this is a maceration system. Is it in a carry case? If so, it is the Sani-Con Turbo 300. If it is bolted into the bay or otherwise made to be built-in or semi-built in it could be any number of other model numbers.

The Thetford system, as you have noticed, has a small hose already attached on the output end with a special output cap which would screw down to a threaded sewer port. That small hose is pretty long, too. It is an elegant system, but I can imagine any number of dumping situations where this would not work particularly well. Notably, dumping at highway rest stops and many municipal treatment plant dump stations. I haven't encountered any dump stations at Washington State rest areas which have threaded sewer pipes, they are all the flip cap ports with no threading. Same goes for most of the state parks we frequent, including full hook-up sites. So you would have to wedge and weigh down the output cap to keep everything contained and going in the right hole.

Flowjet also offers a portable maceration pump. It is a "roll your own" kind of system. It has bayonet fittings on the input side, so a simple twist on to your sewer hose connection, then you are responsible for supplying a garden hose to the output end. Plus there is a garden hose hookup for back flush. I think they indicate that the longest hose you can use for output is 100 ft. This is ideal if you are moochdocking and dumping your tanks into a friend's outdoor sewer clean out. Theoretically you can dump into a toilet or any other reasonable sewer access, but it does require that somebody monitors the output end while somebody else runs the pump and monitors activity at the tanks. On top of that the Flowjet system has raw DC wire ends, so you have to determine how you are going to provide power to it. I've seen folks put alligator clips on the leads and connection to a small 12v battery. Others graft on a cigarette lighter power end and find a source of power that way. Others figure out a way to tap into 12v power in their wet bay. Either way the Flowjet requires planning and effort to make work. I hope this helps.

Up_DownDeCoast
Explorer
Explorer
Ahhh... You finally got the coach you wanted, nice. I guess they fixed the genny LOL.
Sounds like its equipped with a maserator. I believe it basically liquefies solid waste so it can go through a garden size hose down any drain.

Good luck and happy travels with the new rig.
David and Wendy
2008 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
2021 Honda CR-V
Demco KarKaddy SS Tow Dolly

pushtoy_2
Explorer
Explorer
its a maserator pump. it pumps the tanks out is what i think. imho
DREAMER FMCA200924
GS Life member

Sargehut234
Explorer
Explorer
It could be, I am not familiar with it.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Could it be this Thetford Evacuation System?
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara