cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking at a 2014 5th wheel with 8"crack down front side

Kennyg
Explorer
Explorer
crack about 8"is alongside the leading edge of vertical hip. Can this be repaired, fixed????
Kennyg
7 REPLIES 7

Kennyg
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advise. We have decided to pass on the unit and instead look into a park model in park we have been staying in for past year. Thank you all for the info and advise.
Kennyg

There are a TON of good manufacturers that experienced a vertical crack on the side of their fifth wheels.

Especially on the front corner directly under the corner of a slide opening.. Easy and relatively cheaper fix โ€œIFโ€ that is the issue..

They basically cut a vertical slice to releive the corner pressure and place a vertical piece of moldingโ€ฆ. BUT WITHOUT SEEING THIS, THERE IS NO WAY OF KNOWING FOR SURE
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I would also suspect a frame problem. But you would have to open up the front panels to see the frame. I would not buy without seeing that first. Unless they were just about giving it away.

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Unless it's a heck of a deal, probably better to walk away. Most likely a frame issue and while anything can fixed if you throw enough $$$$$ at it, is it worth fixing.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Even if it is a Crack caused by the frame it can be repaired by a good welder.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Posting a picture would get more accurate response. It could be a frame issue, maybe from use of goose neck adapter, or just cosmetic?? We can't see the crack, or know the details. What does owner say about it?

Jerry

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Cosmetically, it can be repaired but what caused the crack is the what Iโ€™d want to know.