cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear View Camera - So Many Choices

solismaris
Explorer
Explorer
Consensus on best aftermarket rear view camera system? With 2 cameras: one on rear of truck and one on back of trailer and a switch on the monitor to view either one. Lots of choices feeling overwhelmed
David Kojen
3 REPLIES 3

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
My experience they are all so similar. I buy off ebay cheap.
They work, I have had the same one for probably 8 years.
Bought a newer one for somebody. Bought another and broke it playing around with wires.

For trailer consider just a new system. They make the wireless, but some need a clear line of sight (almost) shot at your screen for really long trailers. This way you just have that trailer cam for when towing.

I am currently playing around with a one-camera system and switching between two cameras - the truck rear and the trailer rear. I'd still use the truck rear for backing up to hitch or to take a peek at front of trailer when towing, but would drive looking at the rear trailer cam. It is just a lot of wire to run, and I have to power the rear camera and remember to not power it when parked.

So, anything on ebay will/should work, they are all so similar.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
solismaris wrote:
Consensus on best aftermarket rear view camera system? With 2 cameras: one on rear of truck and one on back of trailer and a switch on the monitor to view either one. Lots of choices feeling overwhelmed

My 22 F350 was ordered with trailer camera. It's hardwired, and while I haven't driven with it yet, the picture is incredibly clear and displays on the 12" center stack screen

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I donโ€™t need a back up camera very often and Iโ€™m going to do some experimenting with our smart phones and FaceTime callingโ€ฆ. One will be the camera and the other one will be the monitor. If it works, I will make some kind of a bracket to put the camera phone on the RV wherever I want it. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!