Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Dog attack in Lancaster CA
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dog attack in Lancaster CA

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/22 09:43am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Random thoughts: the dog was doing what all dogs do - protecting its owner. Considering that it appeared to be living under less-than-ideal circumstances, it's probably a miracle that the dog didn't die from the bites it gave - is it fentanyl that police officers must protect themselves from contact with? I'm just pondering what happens when a dog bites someone under the influence of lethal drugs....

The photos of the encampment show where RVs go to die.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/22 01:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I notice the title of this thread has been changed - thank you to whoever did so (either OP or a moderator).

Mod's Edit: I added this note to show the message that appears when a post has been edited.

* This post was edited 03/01/22 03:43pm by an administrator/moderator *

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

dedmiston

Coast to Coast

Administrator

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/22 03:44pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

I notice the title of this thread has been changed - thank you to whoever did so (either OP or a moderator).

I don't think it was changed. If you scroll back to the original post on page one, it would show the date/time and who modified it.

I edited your post so you could see the system-generated message when a post is edited. The way to change the thread title is to edit the original post.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/22 04:47pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Short story, it was a pit bull attack on my wife and kids that led to us carrying firearms. Nobody was permanently injured, but it was the 45 minutes it took for police to show up that reminded me that I'm responsible for my families safety.

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/22 04:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

toedtoes wrote:

I don't think it was changed. If you scroll back to the original post on page one, it would show the date/time and who modified it.

I edited your post so you could see the system-generated message when a post is edited. The way to change the thread title is to edit the original post.

You're right. The more sensationalist title was (is) used for the actual link not the title.

LouLawrence

Traveling the US!

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/22 05:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BCSnob wrote:

“Pit bull” is why it hit the national news
Had it been a Rottweiler or German shepherd it probably wouldn’t have hit the national news

Most likely because if the owner had a Rottweiler or a German Shepherd this incident would never have happened.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/22 07:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

BCSnob wrote:

Had it been a Rottweiler or German shepherd it probably wouldn’t have hit the national news

Most likely because if the owner had a Rottweiler or a German Shepherd this incident would never have happened.

That was not the case in years past; before pit bulls it was German shepherds, Dobermans, then Rottweilers. Who knows, the movie Dog may ruin malinois/Belgian shepherd by making them the next “tough dog”.

* This post was edited 03/01/22 07:36pm by BCSnob *

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/01/22 07:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LouLawrence wrote:

BCSnob wrote:

A childhood friend was seriously bit by his sister's dog when he tried to enter her bedroom. The dog was a dobie.

A neighbor dog bit their yard guy when he entered their backyard without their knowledge. The dog was a rottie. He also held me at the fenceline when I went to repair a broken slat in our joint fence.

My childhood dog got between my sibling, friend and I (all under 12 years old) and two twenty-something guys with an aggressive lab. My dog was prepared to fight that dog. My dog was a boxer.

The point being, that any dog can see fit to protect it's owner or territory from a perceived threat.

So to assume that any other breed would NOT act to protect it's owner is a bad assumption.

BCSnob

Middletown, MD

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/22 07:39pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also, I know a few breeds that I view potentially more dangerous and difficult to control than a pit bull. These breeds are not currently a problem because they are not popular and indiscriminately bred.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 03/01/22 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

Short story, it was a pit bull attack on my wife and kids that led to us carrying firearms. Nobody was permanently injured, but it was the 45 minutes it took for police to show up that reminded me that I'm responsible for my families safety.

Once the get ahold of you they don't let go. I little injection of non ferrous metal will do the trick.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Dog attack in Lancaster CA
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2023 CWI, Inc. © 2023 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.