Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: New Tires On The RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New Tires On The RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/24/22 02:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those are the exact tires that I put on our 5er about 5 years ago! memtb

Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/22 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

Funny you posted this.... I have been researching the Continental Tires as my tires will need to be replaced after next season. At that point they will have 5 seasons on them.. I was looking at the 215/75 R17.5

It will be interesting to hear your reports...

Have you had issues with your GY’s?

Not the 17.5’s.. yes with the G614’s.. but I’ve heard several people I trust have issues with The GY.. not a lot, just a few… always like to have my options

Not to mention my buddy just purchased a 2022 Solitude and it had upgraded Continental 17.5's on it.. We researched them at the time and found no bad remarks...other than the $$$$$ but what is not EXPENSIVE anymore !

Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/22 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ford truck guy wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

Cummins12V98 wrote:

ford truck guy wrote:

Funny you posted this.... I have been researching the Continental Tires as my tires will need to be replaced after next season. At that point they will have 5 seasons on them.. I was looking at the 215/75 R17.5

It will be interesting to hear your reports...

Have you had issues with your GY’s?

Not the 17.5’s.. yes with the G614’s.. but I’ve heard several people I trust have issues with The GY.. not a lot, just a few… always like to have my options

Not to mention my buddy just purchased a 2022 Solitude and it had upgraded Continental 17.5's on it.. We researched them at the time and found no bad remarks...other than the $$$$$ but what is not EXPENSIVE anymore !

I can't imagine any Solitude coming with the HTL2 ECO Plus "J" tire. Is it a "H" tire from Continental?

The Alcoa wheels weigh 30# each and tires are 65# so 95# total. Guess it will require a "ManlyMan" to RnR these babies!!!

Going to paint the portion of the hub that shows with Rustolium Hammered silver paint. I want to find these trim rings. Does anyone know the spec for the ring, lug nut caps and lugs nuts?

[image]

* This post was edited 02/25/22 09:50am by Cummins12V98 *

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/22 10:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron,

my mistake, they are Cooper 17.5 tires, NOT Continental... Took some research to jog my crappy memory

hornet28

Muskegon Mi.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/25/22 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins, you said trim rings but I'm wondering if you misspoke and meant caps like these. If so the standard 8 lug is 6.5" [image]

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/25/22 06:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hornet28 wrote:

Cummins, you said trim rings but I'm wondering if you misspoke and meant caps like these. If so the standard 8 lug is 6.5" [image]

Look at the pic. The cap/ring has a hole in it in the pic. The lug nut covers snap on.

I don’t know what it’s called I just called it a ring.

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/22 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Wow, those look super heavy duty; I'm sure they'll serve you well!

I'm wondering if your trailer would have been better as a triple axle to reduce the load on individual tires.

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/22 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

Wow, those look super heavy duty; I'm sure they'll serve you well!

I'm wondering if your trailer would have been better as a triple axle to reduce the load on individual tires.

For sure a triple axle would have been better but the entry door location would not allow it.

From everything I have heard the heavy DRV/MobileSuites crowd has had good luck with these tires.

memtb

Wyoming

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/27/22 11:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98,

I didn’t realize that your Mobile Suites is only a two axle unit. With the weight that you have I can certainly understand going with the best.....and I think these may be the best.

We went with those on our triple axle, which may have been overkill as we don’t put a lot of miles on our unit. The tires will “age out” long before they wear out. As much as I love them, will be replacing with a lesser tire! memtb

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 02/27/22 11:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a message from the guy that posted the pic above. He said there is NO cap/ring. Upon looking closer it's the reflection of the lug nut caps on the wheel that makes it LOOK like that.

I painted my hubs with Rust-Oleum Hammered paint and installed the tires and wheels yesterday. Now I need some fancy lug nut caps!

[image]
[image]
[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> New Tires On The RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.