cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slides not operating

beaubeau
Explorer
Explorer
Last week, parked here at home, I needed to roll in the slides. Engine was running, parking brake was on, shore power was plugged in, leveling jacks were down and level.

Nothing.

Slides wouldnโ€™t respond.

I turned the engine off, then restarted the engine and the slides worked.

What gremlins could be there waiting for our next trip?

Alternatively, how can I override the mechanism should I need to?

2008 allegro QDB freight liner front engine diesel.
Chip & Nancy (and our furry pack). 2008 Allegro Open Road Freightliner.
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
s N s wrote:
If the engine was running in our Newmar, the slides were not operable.

Not on a Tiffin. Newmar was one of the few that had that feature. NOT a good Feature. Doug

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
If the engine was running in our Newmar, the slides were not operable.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

beaubeau
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all of yโ€™all!
Chip & Nancy (and our furry pack). 2008 Allegro Open Road Freightliner.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my RV engine running.. Slides no work (Engine off they worked).

That said. here is an interlock relay somewhere more than likely.. it may be flakey.. On my rig there was also a master key lock (kid proof slide) and it broke.. No switch, no work (Oh well there is an alternate fix)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Since you have a Tiffin. I would not worry about it unless it happens more frequently. Tiffins have an extra Ignition controlled solenoid that powers various cockpit 12 volt items and controls. Including the Slede/jack control power. So, next time it happens, try to EXTEND the jacks, or see if the Dash AC and electric mirrors operate. If they also don't operate, then you have that Ignition solenoid that is worn and failing. But, as you found out, you cycled the Ignition and the slides operated. This happened because WHEN this happens, you can cycle the Ignition key a few times and this will cause that solenoid to close and give power. IF the Dash AC fan is not blowing when this happens, I cycle the Ignition until the Dash Fan starts running and then I know the solenoid has closed. This is a common problem on all model Tiffins going back to 1995 when they started slides and when that solenoid eventually wears out. Doug

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mine don't work if the motor is running. Key has to be in the ACC position. Also the storage compartment doors under the slide must be closed and have switches that disable the slide if open

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Well at least you have one way to get them to work.
Slides are nice but they are also have a lot of issues.