cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford Chassis

FLHTCI
Explorer
Explorer
Might be a stupid question. If my chassis in my class A is Ford, would my windshield arms be also Ford?

One broke today on my way to Florida, now I’m in a Cracker Barrel for the night.

Thanks
2012 Winnebago Itasca Class A Sunstar 30T
2013 Jeep Sahara (JKU)
2012 Harley Davidson FLHTCUTG
2012 Ford F-250
9 REPLIES 9

Lancslad
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
ALL Class A motorhomes The wiper motor and Arms are aftermarket OEM installed. BUT, on Ford Class A chassis they still utilize the Ford Wiper control module. Usually you go back to the RV maker for motor and wiper arm and linkage parts. ROME TRUCK PARTS 1-800-284-4345 They carry almost ALL the various OEM supplier parts. Doug

http://www.rometruckparts.com/x2 Great service . I get all my wiper parts from them.
2011 FR Georgetown 337DS
2003 Dodge Dakota Towed

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ALL Class A motorhomes The wiper motor and Arms are aftermarket OEM installed. BUT, on Ford Class A chassis they still utilize the Ford Wiper control module. Usually you go back to the RV maker for motor and wiper arm and linkage parts. ROME TRUCK PARTS 1-800-284-4345 They carry almost ALL the various OEM supplier parts. Doug

http://www.rometruckparts.com/

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
FLHTCI wrote:
Might be a stupid question. If my chassis in my class A is Ford, would my windshield arms be also Ford?

One broke today on my way to Florida, now I’m in a Cracker Barrel for the night.

Thanks

Unlikely. Unless the part was bolted to the frame at the factory, the part is from whatever supplier Winnebago was using when they built the coach. Most auto parts have part numbers and markings on them to identify the maker. If you remove the broken wiper arm and look for markings, Google search against those and you may find what you are looking for. Assuming that the part number or markings are in somebody's database out there, and the database is public to the Internet, you'll get a hit and find out where you can get a replacement.

Most auto supply stores are going to be useless because they will do lookups by VIN and they will either not get any hits on your vehicle, or all the suggested parts will be entirely wrong.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I. On,y the chassis, steering wheel and instrument cluster are Ford. Everything else is from the Arab manuf.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

garym114
Explorer
Explorer
Look on the Trico site for your motorhome.

https://www.tricoproducts.com/products/heavy-duty-rv-wiper-blades

Ford made the drivetrain, chassis. Your motorhome manufacturer added all that sits on the chassis.
2000 Sea Breeze F53 V10 - CR-V Toad
Some RV batteries live a long and useful life, some are murdered.
Get a Digital Multimeter and Learn How to Use It

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
Might be a Denso part. It is on my National. Google it....

Al

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad
Maybe call Winnebago customer service in Forest City in the morning and ask what they’d suggest. When I had a wiper motor go out on a 2007 Itasca (Ford chassis) I found out it was a Winnie part, not a Ford part. We were on the road and they shipped it to the closest Winnie dealer to where we were. Not that that means it would be the same with wiper arms but they would be able to advise you in best way to replace.
Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not necessarily and probably not. They do a lot of mixing and matching when putting things together. Take the broken arm to an auto parts store and see if the have one.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Can't help you on the windshield arm...however I can recommend the meatloaf dinner.
Their meatloaf is the best in the world!!
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes