Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Something I found that is amazing!

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
https://youtu.be/ENZ2KjlN71A
This is a lot of work but the end result will inspire...Happy Trails!!
13 REPLIES 13

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not a bad build, I wouldn't mount the roll of paper towels right over the gas stove, that's an accident waiting to happen. It's probably pretty heavy for what it is...but I guess up there in AK he doesn't have access to cheap RV parts to build it lighter, so again, it's not bad!

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
He didnโ€™t say whether it could be dismounted?

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
That is a rig I would not want. I would guess it is really heavy, probably heavier than my 9.5' Northstar Igloo. I have solar panels, 300 AH of AGM batteries, 40# propane and 35 gallons of water. He has a few gallons of water, no sink, no shower. Even just for drinking and cooking he is going to need water every couple of days.

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Actually wood stove works very well. Two couches make king bed. He still uses it winter and summer.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
KKELLER14K wrote:
Well all camper batieries are out side
Nonsense
Cal

KKELLER14K
Explorer
Explorer
Well all camper batieries are out side and vented that are wet cells ....but AGM or litium is another topic. It just looked like this guy went a ways to make something that we all know won't last forever but... it is where we all want to be...on your porch tipping one back....whatever your beverage. A very thoughtful build.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Battery outside? -- in Alaska? -- in winter?
Cal

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
JRscooby wrote:
ticki2 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
Short term a wooden exterior might be a conversation piece. Long term? No.

Wood exterior houses have lasted hundreds of years .

Also wood exterior houses have collapsed in earthquakes. Now set a glass of water on your hood, drive down a smooth street.

So has every other type of building .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
ticki2 wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:

Also wood exterior houses have collapsed in earthquakes. Now set a glass of water on your hood, drive down a smooth street.

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
I liked it. It made me cold watching it. What happens when he finds a girlfriend? LOL Everything he needs though...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Super COOL! And in AK, nonetheless! Looks pretty well thought out and very cozy.
If I was pickin sht with the chickens, I'd say the residential windows (flying rocks) and wood siding are not very conducive to the weather and conditions that I haven't seen in his videos. The slush and mud/dirt through the shoulder seasons and summer would make a mess of it.
Guess a few good coats of stain would seal 'er up pretty well.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad