Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: No Power to 7-Way Plug?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> No Power to 7-Way Plug?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/22 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good to hear. Thanks for checking back with the results.

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 03/03/22 06:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now you are learning RV stuff. congrats.

If you really need to charge the camper battery from the truck, then you can use bigger wire, and not go through the thin wires around the fuse box. Make sure that stud #1, that some say is on all the time, is NOT on all the time or if you forget to unplug the trailer from the truck you could run down your truck starting battery. You need the trailer 12 volt power to be connected to the ignition somehow, and not straight to the on-all-the-time battery. Sounds like previous owner did some home-brew electrical kanosh work...
but you got it working, so good nuff for now...

Other option is a DC to DC charger.

* This post was edited 03/04/22 08:05am by ajriding *

KKELLER14K

BEAVERTON OREGON

View Profile

Posted: 03/04/22 07:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I may have been a bit misleading. So It is an isolation switch that you install usually on you firewall and beef it up with a bigger charge wire than stock. It is powered directly from the truck batteries. When you turn on the truck, the isolator opens the flow of power. When you turn it off, obviously it closes the flow of power beteen the truck and RV. The reason I set up my 2 sytems was first, I could deliver more power to the TC. Again running dual batteries in the truck and the TC. So I used the stock bummper 7 pin to plug in my boat so I could keep some power going to the boat batteries...just redundicy and peace of mind. That bumper connection is also isolated but just not as powerful. ....HEY! congrats you are getting a good education.

* This post was edited 03/04/22 08:10pm by KKELLER14K *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> No Power to 7-Way Plug?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.