Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/22 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reality Check wrote:

RetiredRealtorRick wrote:

Time to drop this whole thing. Using 'Trump numbers' and Trump logic only works with those like-minded.

lol, that just turned south and took a nose dive. Where did that come from??

Disagree; OP laid it all out there so each, and everyone of us, could self reflect and ponder life. Our choices, actions and consequences. No one has to be like minded and agree...otherwise, we'd all live in dumps like Seattle..if I understand your logic.

Great thread! Thanks for the eye opener OP!

Somebody is upset that I understand that if real research was done the numbers I put out might be proven to be "Alternative Facts" But I don't think there is any question, most people do not hit pipes.
Now the OP has said he is responsible for the damage. I take the post as a reminder that snot can happen. But a large percentage of people seem to think property owners should not only provide a service, but also make sure the RVers can't damage their rig.

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/22 06:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Reality Check wrote:

Time to drop this whole thing. Using 'Trump numbers' and Trump logic only works with those like-minded.

Disagree; OP laid it all out there so each, and everyone of us, could self reflect and ponder life. Our choices, actions and consequences. No one has to be like minded and agree...otherwise, we'd all live in dumps like Seattle..if I understand your logic.

Somebody is upset that I understand that if real research was done the numbers I put out might be proven to be "Alternative Facts" But I don't think there is any question, most people do not hit pipes.
Now the OP has said he is responsible for the damage. I take the post as a reminder that snot can happen. But a large percentage of people seem to think property owners should not only provide a service, but also make sure the RVers can't damage their rig.

Not necessarily 'can't' damage their rig, but perhaps have less of a chance of doing so.

Much like a low-hanging large tree limb in an RV park site -- whose responsibility?? The RV owner's to try to gingerly negotiate his positioning on the site, or the park's owners to simply be responsible enough to trim the tree? Same concept.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

Reality Check

North Bend

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/22 08:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Reality Check wrote:

Not necessarily 'can't' damage their rig, but perhaps have less of a chance of doing so.

Much like a low-hanging large tree limb in an RV park site -- whose responsibility?? The RV owner's to try to gingerly negotiate his positioning on the site, or the park's owners to simply be responsible enough to trim the tree? Same concept.

Keeping up here....

Since you asked a question; it's the driver's responsibility. Ultimately, it's the driver who is responsible to check surroundings. Ever wonder why most professional drivers (truck, cops, maintenance vehicles, etc) most always back into a parking spot? It's safer. Same as the cone concept. Same as knowing our height and reading signs. Same as checking for limbs on things that grow.

We can hope for, wish for, want, more signs to assist us, but that doesn't transfer the responsibility.

'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/22 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Translation; Get that hamn tree out of my way! I have a right to bring my house out to enjoy nature!

RetiredRealtorRick

St. Augustine Beach, FL

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/22 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Translation; Get that hamn tree out of my way! I have a right to bring my house out to enjoy nature!

Frankly, yes. If I'm patronizing your RV park, and paying you (dearly) for a safe, comfortable place to park and hook up my RV overnight, you DO owe me and others the common courtesy of providing for your patrons the best you can. If you can't (or won't), there are plenty of other fish in the sea. So, yes indeed, you translated precisely right! Glad you got the point [emoticon]

3 tons

NV.

View Profile

Posted: 03/06/22 03:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had a jack sheared off….Kinda reminded me of what it felt like to step on a steamy-fresh Cow Patty…

3 tons

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> How To Tear Off Your Truck Camper Jack Made Easy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.