cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direction help

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using Bing maps for directions from here to there.
However, awhile back, the site claims I haven't put in a "Waypoint" and cannot process the request. I haven't changed how I've done the inquiry, but now Bing doesn't work.
Can anyone tell me what I have to do?
OR---what's a good option for me to use?
6 REPLIES 6

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Blazing Zippers wrote:
Well, diggity dog!! I took advice from here---cleared the cache---reinstalled Bing Maps----and viola!! All good.
Thank you for the help.
A comment about the Google directions; I've only been with my daughter when she's using them, and they didn't give some important instructions that my Garmin would have. My inexpensive Garmin gives the lane we should be in, advance advice as to which direction to turn, and the side of the road the destination is on. I do believe we would still be in Asheville, NC without those directions!
Again, thanks for the help.

Basically one step up from the old reboot the computer advice. 🙂

How long ago was it that google maps wasn't giving you lane recommendations?

Google maps typically provides lane recommendations for me.
On the other hand, more than once the old Garmin had no clue that an interchange had been completely reconfigured.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well, diggity dog!! I took advice from here---cleared the cache---reinstalled Bing Maps----and viola!! All good.
Thank you for the help.
A comment about the Google directions; I've only been with my daughter when she's using them, and they didn't give some important instructions that my Garmin would have. My inexpensive Garmin gives the lane we should be in, advance advice as to which direction to turn, and the side of the road the destination is on. I do believe we would still be in Asheville, NC without those directions!
Again, thanks for the help.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
You might try deleting the cookies. Sometimes that will muck things up.

I certainly wouldn't sacrifice with a stand alone GPS. The automatic map updates and traffic info is far too valuable to lose.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everybody will have their favorite mapping/routing software, we have used most of them and for us they all seem to do a decent job, although google maps is what we tend use more frequently since we have Samsung cell phones. Having used Bing maps in the past I don't recall having the issues that you are experiencing, give it a shot from a different device if you really prefer their interface, good luck hope you get it to work properly.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Not sure where you are plotting trip from and to. I tried a couple on bing maps and it didn't ask for any via or waypoints.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get a Garmin. They have their issues but they are the best of the lot. I don’t use anything Microsoft or Google. Google can’t even get me to my house and I’m on a main road.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT