Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Canadian Snowbirds heading home-Antigen Rapid Tests required
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Canadian Snowbirds heading home-Antigen Rapid Tests required

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev
silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/22 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BC Snob wrote:

More believable study than simply comparing rates in states with and without mask mandates

....we will have to agree to disagree on this. To me, the proof is in the infection rate of an entire population with strict mask laws (ie. Rhode island RIDOH Executive order mandatory masking indoors; recently lifted), in the case of Rhode Island, a population of ~1.1 million. How effective was that Executive Order in the face of Omicron BA.1 ??

IF masking had worked, in say, Rhode Island (or, Quebec; or Ontario; or...or...or...or...) during the Omicron onslaught, regardless of other Executive Order restriction in this (and other States and Canadian Provinces), it would have, well, worked! In spite of everyone in the State wearing masks indoors, the Omicron infection numbers tell the story. The fact that NOTHING mitigative worked shows in the massive infection rate during Omicron.....everywhere in the World. Even in countries that are approaching staggering (in a good way) fully vaccinated status: Canada: 81.4% | 80%+ in UK (with 38 million boosters given!) back just as Omicron was hitting, those countries then had indoor masking. What did indoor masking do? If it was effective at all, we would not have seen the MASSIVE and unprecedented Omicron infections we just saw (and AGAIN are seeing as I type, 1 in 19 Britons are presently infected with SYMPTOMATIC Omicron LOL!). I'll bet this infection level gets to 1 in 3 by next week, at the present climb in infections. But intensive care admissions are very, very low (for the last BA.1 round) in the UK and Canada (because of highly vaccinated populations).

Here....lets look at it another way: why is masking failing to make a any dent in Omicron's onslaught? If masking is a panacea, why haven't the "pandemic" numbers reversed? Masking with fully vaccinated (say, 80% fully vaccinated) populations make little and no difference in the global Omicron waves. What *third* mitigation do we need to implement to reverse the pandemic? Anyone?

Can anyone think of anything? Short of locking down the entire planet's human population for 1 or 2 years from today forward (and destroying life as we know it....but why, in the face of vastly declining Covid deaths, even in the US?).

* This post was edited 03/25/22 02:17pm by silversand *

Silver
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0L Ext/LB Tow Package 4L80E Michelin AT2s| Outfitter Caribou

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/22 02:27pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BC Snob wrote:

If the employer decides not the government mandated
The document does not say the employer must require vaccination.

The South African government created the framework and legal space in which private employers can engage mandatory vaccinations within their enterprise. The horse before the cart.

moisheh

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 03/25/22 07:33pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do I think this is 2021 all over again? Isn' this thread all about Trudeau's ridiculous mandates?

Canuck Travellers

123 street

View Profile

Posted: 03/25/22 08:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

moisheh wrote:

Why do I think this is 2021 all over again? Isn' this thread all about Trudeau's ridiculous mandates?

I agree with you, this thread has got way off track, let's as Moisheh suggests keep it about Canadians returning home and the silly mandates that Trudeau and Company want to push on all us Snowbirds.

2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.

silversand

Montreal

View Profile

Posted: 03/26/22 04:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

I agree with you, this thread has got way off track, let's as Moisheh suggests keep it about Canadians returning home and the silly mandates that Trudeau and Company want to push on all us Snowbirds.

...yes. Sorry. Back on track....

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Canadian Snowbirds heading home-Antigen Rapid Tests required
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.